CHAPTER VI: Cara

"Omg, you're grinning like a crazy person, Car," Kendall teased as I joined the group inside the pub. They seemed to have ordered a lot on the table – from various types of chips to expensive varieties of champagnes. We were in one of the VIP rooms and the others were singing songs on the karaoke while Gigi was preparing the drinking game. The room was large enough to fit thirty people. Kendall and I just laid down on the couch.

I tried to hide my smile by biting my lower lip. The room was dimly lit so it was hard to clearly see others' faces. Then I looked at Kendall and noticed she was still staring at me, waiting to speak up.

"What?" I asked, grabbing some chips and swallowing them one by one.

"I need details, Car," she demanded, grabbing one chip from my hands.

"It was nothing, Ken. Bugger off."

Kendall laughed as she ate the chip. "Really? I see differently."

I smirked. "In what way was it different? We just talked."

Kendall clapped her hands as if cleaning them from the chip she took from me.

"Well, I saw you flirting with her."

I gulped a shot of whiskey, ignoring her.

"Flirting? Who's flirting?" Taylor interrupted. She was tipsy and holding her glass very sloppily.

Kendall said, "Cara here--.."

I pulled Kendall's head and quickly covered her mouth with my right hand, shushing her out.

"Someone flirted with Kendall outside," I spat abruptly, almost yelling.

Taylor gave Kendall a weird smile that I thought was her encouraging one. Her eyes looked funny though.

Kendall hummed objection while her hands tried to swat my hand away. She failed miserably.

As soon as Taylor was out of earshot, I glared at Kendall and moved my left fingers across my lips, as if zipping it. Kendall raised her hands in surrender, then, I finally removed my hand.

"Okay, it's a secret, then?" Kendall asked as she sipped her bottle of beer.

"I don't mean it as a secret. It was nothing. Just don't make a big deal about it, okay?" I said worriedly.

"Not a big deal, okay."

"It was basically nothing."

"Nothing, okay."

"We just talked."

"Okay."

"It was nothing."

Kendall looked at me. "Are you sure it's nothing, Car?"

I was about to say that it was definitely something when I heard Gigi shout "Beer Pong".

Kendall suddenly bolted from her seat and yelled, "No one can defeat me for I am the Master of Beer Pongs!"

"No one's arguing with you, sis," Kylie said, not looking up from her phone.

I stood up and went towards the table where they placed cups containing beer on each side. I counted and there were 29 cups on one side and another 29 on the other side. It was an enormous table.

"Guys, we're not going to have fun from this. 58 cups for us five?" I commented. "We're going to fall asleep in no time."

"Oh, wait, I met a friend outside. I knew him from a photoshoot I had before," Kylie suggested as she made a run towards the door.