Chapter 13.

It was after school and I had successfully managed to stay away from Ryder and any of his friends.

At lunch Isla made me tell her what was going on. I'm not really sure if it went well or not.

Flashback

"So. What was going on when you came to my house yesterday? And don't even try to deny that nothing was wrong," Isla warned.

"I wasn't going to," I mumbled and picked at my salad with my fork.

"Alright, good. So explain."

I sighed and pushed my salad away before leaning my crossed arms on the table.

"Would you say that Ryder and I are pretty close?" I asked her.

She looked shocked and confused at the question but answered never less. "I would say so. I mean, I've never seen him like this before. He had this look of admiration whenever he sees you or hears someone talk about you. And when someone does, he gets all protective. So yeah, I'd say you both are very close. I'm surprised you're not official yet."

"What can you tell me about Ashlin and him?"

"Don't know what this has do to with any of this but...from what I heard, they slept together a couple of times but it was never anything more. Apparently Ryder just wanted to get some but Ashlin thought he was completely in love with her."

"So there was nothing going on between them except sex? "

"Yes. Until you came. Then I think he stopped all ties he had with her. Why is this important? "

I groaned and ran my hands down my face.

"I saw Ryder and Ashlin practically making out at the mall. And to top it off, she asked him if they were meeting at her house that night to which he replied with 'sure'. That's when I stormed off and ran into your cousin."

"Wow. Are you sure it was him?"

"Positive."

"I can't imagine him doing that though. Does he know you saw them?"

"I don't think so. But I think I made it pretty clear that I was upset about something. Do you think I'm overreacting? Because we're not even actually dating."

"Honestly, I don't know what to tell you. I've never been in a situation like this. But what I can tell you, is that it's probably best to talk with him. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding."

"I don't know..."

End of flashback

Yeah...

Like I said, I had no idea how it went.

Currently, I was changing in the girl's locker room into some soccer shorts and jersey. I was the only one in here since I was the only girl on the team. I tied my cleats and grabbed my water bottle before heading outside to the field.

Most of the guys were already there and warming up. One of them being Ryder.

I walked up to the group and got a few 'heys' from the guys. Ryder just watched me carefully. I moved away the furthest that I could from him while still staying by the guys.

Coach jogged up to us as the rest of the guys joined us.

"Alright, hey guys! Nice to see you here with us, Kennedy."

I gave him a forced smile.

"So, this is our fourth training. On Monday we will be going to our first game. I know it seems early but it's just a small game against another high school a few towns over. We will be leaving on Monday at 10am here at the school and returning on Wednesday at about 4pm. The game is on Tuesday at their high school. So we still have today and Friday to practise."