Chapter 50 ~ Another Chance

Dedicated to Gia <3 

---

Elena's POV

I wake up to the sound of soft snores. My eyes flutter open to a sleeping Tyler holding me against his chest. I lift my head up to examine the boy who broke my heart. His chest is moving slowly up and down against mine as I study the faint scar on his forehead. Bringing my hand up to his face, I slowly begin to trace his scar dragging my finger all the way down to his chin.

His eyes gradually open. "What are you doing?" his raspy voice asks. I don't answer him, but continue looking into his chocolate brown eyes, the same ones I fell in love with. He then brings his hand up to my face, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I rip my eyes off of him, reliving the horrible memories he put me through.

I hear him let out a heavy sigh. His arms wrap around me tighter, bringing my forehead to his lips. My eyes shut closed remembering how it felt in his embrace, how it felt to be loved by him.

"So what do you want to do today, Elena?" he murmurs, making me feel the vibrations of his lips on my skin.

"Cutie," I correct him.

"What did you say?" he asks, loosening his grip to look into my eyes.

"Cutie. That's my name to you. Don't you remember?" I avoid eye contact with him just in case he forgot about everything we were.

"Of course, I remember. You just surprised me, that's all." He explains.

I then feel his finger lift my chin up making me look into his eyes once again. Tyler pulls my face closer to his and hungrily kisses my lips. I wrap my arm around his back, returning the kiss.

We both pull away, resting our foreheads against each others. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that, Cutie," he adds.

"Really?" I question.

He nods in eagerly. "So what do you want to do today?" he asks again, walking over to retrieve his shoes.

"I don't know. Stay home?" I suggest.

He shakes his head at me and turns his head towards my closet. He slowly walks up to me and suggests something I never thought I would hear again.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

My eyes open wide at his question. "I don't know, Tyler." I answer hesitantly.

"Come on, Cutie. Please?" he looks at me with pleading eyes.

I let out a deep sigh. "Fine, let me get dressed."

Tyler walks out of the room and lets me get ready. I pull my hair up into a messy bun before walking to my closet to pick out my clothes. The first thing that catches my eye is the pink Victoria Secret bag sitting in the back of my closet.

What's this?

I take the bag into my hands and slowly open it, revealing pink tissue paper. Inside lays a black lace bra and matching panties. I didn't buy this. I take the under garments out of the bag, revealing more clothes inside. My fingers hold up a white halter top and a blue crossbody bag.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, then search for a note. There has to be some kind of explanation as to why these expensive gifts are in my closet. This has to be some kind of mistake.

The bottom of the bag holds a cream colored envelope with my name written on it.

Cutie,

You don't how long I've waited to call you that again. Last night when you fell asleep, I snuck out and bought you these gifts. I planned out our whole date today, hoping you'll say yes. Which, I'm assuming since you're reading this, you did. Elena, you told me you loved me back. I don't think you know how much that means to hear you say that.

So please, put on these clothes and walk out the door, because today is just starting.

Forever and Always,

Tyler

My heart fills with warmth reading his sweet words. I lay out the clothes on my bed and get my hair and makeup ready to start our day.

---

"Beautiful." Tyler compliments as he looks over at me while driving.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask curiously.

"Just relax and go with the flow."

I let out a small laugh at his unique choice of words. As Tyler stops for gas, I pull out my phone to check Instagram. I blocked myself from the world the last couple of months and now I'm coming back. Scrolling down my feed, I stumble upon a picture that makes my eyes widen. It's a picture of Nate and a girl.

He got a girlfriend?

Tyler steps back into the car and peeks his head over to see what I'm looking at. "Her name is Grace," he informs me.

I nod my head slowly, looking out at the scenery I haven't seen in two months.

"We're here!" Tyler parks the car.

I look around and see a big Ferris Wheel a couple of feet away. "The carnival?" I ask, smiling at him slightly.

"Yeah, come on!" he grabs my hand and leads me to the ticket booth.

---

"So, what ride do you want to ride first?" he asks.

"I don't know, you pick."

"Let's go on the Fireball!" he exclaims, pulling me into the line.

My eyes widen at the monstrous ride in front of me. "No way." I say, grabbing his arm.

"Yes! You said I could pick," he complains like a five-year-old.

"But-"

"No, buts." He cuts me off.

After riding a few more rides, it starts to get dark. We spent the whole day here and I'm getting hungry.

"I'm hungry," I say as Tyler opens the door for me.

"My parents have been wanting to meet you for a while," he says, changing the subject.

"Oh." I say softly.

"They've been bugging me to bring you over for quite a while now," he goes on.

"Tyler, I don't kn-"

"Just consider it, okay? Please?" he pleads.

"Okay, tomorrow night," I agree.

---

A/N: OOOHH! Meeting the parents, that's tough. What do you think they'll think of Elena? WIll they approve of her or not?