29 - Untouched

A/N: Sorry I'm late my lovelies. I've just had surgery on Wednesday and didn't get to post on time like I normally do.

* * *

Please listen to Untouched - The Veronica's for this chapter

* * *

It was safe to say that I've seen a lot for an eighteen year old which is why I'm the way I am, I'm strong and determined in life. I'm not one to get scared of much considering what I've grown up with in the last eight years, but it was safe to say that the only thing that scares me right now, is Noah. He comes from a wealthy family which means he has resources to find whoever he wants to find. At this point in time, I knew for a fact that it was time to leave, I had to keep moving. I had to stay one step ahead.

After that phone call, I tried to mask the fear, didn't seem to work because of Jaxon's interrogation. Of course, I just told him basic information, I had no reason to tell him about Noah's threat, so I just told him that I was just tired of all the drama. To my surprise, he accepted this reason and continued to drive back to his house. I knew he accepted it to avoid an argument that would most likely occur between the two of us.

Once we arrived at his house, I knew that was a queue for me to grab our things and leave, which is what I did after promising Lisa I'd return her clothes to her. Jaxon on the other hand just stood at the doorway and kept an eye on me as we got in the car. I could see the hurt in his eyes, we both knew I was lying about what happened at the cemetery but I was too much of a coward to tell him or let him in.

It was easier for me to push people away instead of letting them in and getting hurt further.

Come Monday morning the atmosphere between us hadn't changed, it was also probably due to the fact that I was indeed avoiding him, or maybe he was avoiding me? I walked the crowded hallway towards my English class. I was not looking forward to facing Jaxon and his accusatory eyes. As I sat down, I noticed that I was one of the few who had arrived, half the class was still empty which was unusual. As soon as that thought crossed my mind, there he walked in. Eyeing everyone out until he spotted me, slowly but surely he crossed the room until he came to stand next to me, as if asking permission to sit next to me instead of in front. I nodded in encouragement before he slowly sat down. I needed to apologise, I knew I was at fault. I was acting like a child.

"I'm sorry" I whispered

"It's ok" he replied back. Much to my surprise. I looked at him in shock, I was expecting him to be angry for the way I behaved. He turned slightly in his chair to face me, "You don't trust me and I get it. I'm sorry if I pushed too hard."

He was blaming himself when he didn't push at all. This was all my doing, I shook my head in denial and was about to tell him that he had nothing to be sorry for but we were interrupted by the school bell, followed by Mr. Reid.

"Good morning!" Mr. Reid greets us with a little too much excitement. I was not in the right headspace for class but I had to focus. Thankfully class went without a hitch, except the part where he reminded us that our diary entries were due in two weeks, the last week of school before our first term break. I needed to get started on it but I was dreading it, I have been purposely delaying the inevitable.

I didn't get to speak to Jaxon after that. When the bell had rung, he grabbed his things and left before I could say a word. I let out a sad sigh as I made my way towards business class. I sat down next to a gleeful Nikki as she was smiling at her phone. When she saw me she clicked her phone off and waited for me to sit down.