24 - Turn Around

Please listen to Turn Around - Conor Maynard for this chapter

* * *

Truth be told, I would have preferred to just stay on the bike with Jaxon and go out for something simple and quiet like ice-cream. However, I made my bed so I now have to lay in it.

I had messaged Nikki to let her know I was going to this party held by someone by the name of Nick and was praying that this was the same party she was referring to, turns out this town of students don't like to have more than one party on the same night so they don't miss out.

'Oh the priorities in this town'

So, you can only imagine Nikki's squeal of excitement when she found out I was going to be at the same party. She had also mumbled a complaint about "No good looking guys at this party" which only encouraged me to then message Isaac and ask, well demand that he showed up because I wanted to introduce him to Nikki. Of course he was more than happy to oblige by my request when he found that out, claiming "Nikki is a hot name, I'll be there 30 minutes tops."

To be honest I didn't have to do much, as soon as I had introduced Nikki to Isaac, they both just instantly hit it off and started to talk. Isaac turned his charm on and had Nikki swooning. I had to admit that I'm a tad bit proud of my little matchmaking skills.

When we had entered the party, Jaxon reached for my hand to take, which I happily obliged because the last thing I wanted was to get lost in this mansion they called a house. Also, If I'm being honest, I liked how my hand felt in his. After introducing Nikki and Isaac, Jaxon had led me to the kitchen which was already occupied by Drew and Lucas.

"Do you drink beer?" Jaxon had asked me as soon as I jumped up on the counter to sit on it.

"Yes please! I haven't had a good beer in months."

"Whys that?" Drew asked.

I looked into Drew's eyes, something deep down inside of me wanted to tell him everything. All my reasons as to why I haven't done anything normal in the last four months, why I've run away with Alena, why I'm hung up on his name and has me tongue tide every time. However, I just shook my head and brushed it all off with a simple "No reason" response.

Jaxon had given me my beer and then leaned against the countertop directly in front of me. He lifted his bottle midair to say cheers before taking a big sip from it. I wasn't quite ready to drink mine just yet, I always preferred to let the lemon get soaked in the corona before drinking it, it's something that Noah had me hooked on doing.

I turned my head to take in the environment around me, I noticed what little clothing some of these girls had on, how sleepy the guys became when they were drunk, how confident the quiet ones became when a good song came on. Then I noticed the girl in the tight fitted black dress with her burgundy hair up in a messy bun just staring at me, staring wasn't even the word. She looked familiar but I couldn't figure it out but she was looking at me like I was Satan's daughter.

The inner bitch came out as I stared at her dead on. If this girl thought for a second that I'm one to get scared of a death stare, then she clearly doesn't know me to well. She mouthed the words "He's mine" and at that point it all made sense to me. I looked from her to Jaxon before smiling at him and drinking from my beer, he was completely oblivious to the situation.