Hiccup vs Vikings

"Whoa! Whoa! Toothless!" Hiccup aimed a terrified Toothless back to the island they called home. They crashed instead of landed. Hiccup and Astrid fell off and Toothless took of. "Toothless! Get back here! What was that thing?"

"Her..." Astrid didn't want to believe it.

"Her? T-That cannibalistic dragon you told me about? That was it!?" Hiccup wasn't sure if he was parlayed in fear or shock.

"Sadly," Astrid fought through the creeping fear, "We need to warn people about Her."

"Uh...in case you have short term memory loss...Toothless is in not willingness to go anywhere near it!" Hiccup looked to where his dragon ran off.

"Let's use another dragon," Astrid suggested.

"What?"

"There are other dragons on the island right?" Astrid looked around to see if if she could spot one.

"The dragons here are more hostile than the ones that use to raid Berk, Hiccup explained, "I've barely gotten half of them to trust me. They wouldn't be willing to let me-let alone you-ride on their back!"

"Then what do we do?" Astrid felt the sting of defeat, it was a bitter sting.

"I dunno..." Hiccup paced a bit, "Let's just try to find Toothless before we try anything else."

"Okay," Astrid agreed. The two ventured into the forest.

O

"Toothless!?" Hiccup called out.

"Were are you?" Astrid shouted.

"Come on bud! She is nowhere near this island! It's safe!" Hiccup scanned the area but found no dragon. He bent down and scanned the ground.

"Who knew that the Night Fury was lightning fast both in the air and on the ground, "Astrid groaned in frustration, "Where could he of gone so quickly?"

"This way," Hiccup pointed.

"How do you know?" Astrid wondered.

"Look," Hiccup pointed to some footprints, "Those are Night Fury." They followed the footprints deeper into the forest. An awkward silence grew between them.

"So, how do you think we can reason with this beast?" Astrid asked.

"Reason?" Hiccup said dumbfounded, "There is no way."

"What? Of course there is," Astrid ducked below a low hanging branch.

"There isn't," Hiccup shook his head no, "For a cannibalistic dragon. They never listen to reason."

"How do you know that?"

Hiccup chuckled, "Just because I've haven't any human contact in five years doesn't mean I've been totally alone."

As if on cue a pink and purple Terrible Terror landed on Hiccups head, 'Who's this Hiccup? She looks like a good mate for you.'

"Harp!" Hiccup swatted at the Terror. She laughed as she flew away.

Astrid didn't bother to hid the joy she got from that. She laughed and smiled while Hiccup only blushed embarrassingly. "I thought you said that the dragons here are more hostile," she said in between laughs.

"I did say that I have half of these guys here trusting me didn't I? And besides Harp is a Terrible Terror, "Hiccup chuckled, "They don't know what hostile means...unless you're facing a hungry pack of twenty."