Chapter Four

(Jared)

"Look at what we got here." he drops a shoebox on the table, my heart jumping at the thump it fueled and the realization of what it is. "We found this at your house."

"You can't go through my stuff."

"Technically we can with the search warrant. See Jared I told I already know but I hear the full story come from you. What did you to them?"

"Them?"

"Now you need to stop acting surprised. You know what I'm talking about." he replies reaching for the box as I sit still. He takes the top off and reaches in grabbing a pile of pictures from inside. "Tell me Jared did you kill him?"

He tosses one of the pictures across the table stopping directly in front of me. I don't want to look at the picture. I don't want to relive the past I left and escaped once I started talked to Jonathan.

I changed. I'm a better person but back then I wasn't. Resisting the urge to look comes to a halt as I let my eyes look at every feature, everything I tried to forget.

"Did you pretend you loved him? Kept him around for a while until you got bored? Then what kill him and get rid of the body? Did you even think about his family as you did?" he badgers me with questions.

"I did love him." I choke out the words, consumed in the picture.

He was fourteen and I was twenty one. I was lonely and I just wanted someone to love me, care about me. So broken and depressed I didn't want to be alone. I was jealous of everyone else wanting what they had.

***

Years Prior to Jonhathan (Jared's username Darksoul999)

Private Chat:

Darksoul999- hey

xnobodyx- hey what's up?

Darksoul999- not much

xnobodyx- bored?

Darksoul999- among other things. Thought you might help.

xnobodyx- what did you have in mind?

xnobodyx- nothing sexual right? Just talking?

Darksoul999- Just talking. Not everyone on the internet are sick perverts.

xnobodyx- well that's nice to know mr. gentleman. Or should I call you mr. darksoul?

Darksoul999- you're funny. A dork I knew I wanted to get to know.

xnobodyx- aww thanks :)

Darksoul999- your welcome

xnobodyx- so what do you want to talk about?

xnobodyx- how old are you?

Darksoul999- 17 you?

xnobodyx- 14 :(

Darksoul999- why the :( face?

xnobodyx- you're almost 18.

Darksoul999- And? Doesn't mean we still can't talk and be friends.

xnobodyx- Yeah but why would you want to talk to me?

Darksoul999- why not?

xnobodyx- 'cause I just entered high school and you''re probably gonna graduate soon.

Darksoul999- yeah well age is only a number. We're only talking. Getting to know each other online. Nothing else.

xnobodyx- yeah.