The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 4]

--------------- 

Chapter 4 

---------------

Back in the forest, Raine still carried Noelle while he and Fletcher led the three other women towards their estate. He hoped they would make it without any further interruptions.

Tamsin tried to pull out of Fletcher’s grip, but he held her fast, refusing to let go. She rolled her eyes and tugged again, hoping he would get the hint. Fletcher let a small smile creep across his face, but he still didn’t let go of her wrist. Instead he increased his pace, knowing it would be hard for her to keep up. “Will you let go!” she yelled exasperated. “I can’t go that fast.”

He stopped abruptly, causing her to run into his back with an ‘oof’. “Guess I’ll have to carry you then,” he said thoughtfully.

“You did that on purpose!” she accused angrily. He raised an eyebrow at her and gave a wicked grin. “I told you I can walk on my own. You are not going to carry me like a small child. It is degrading and—no, stop!” she backed away from him quickly when he reached for her.

Fletcher chuckled softly and pursued the fiery vixen in front of him. She was a small thing, barely coming to his shoulder with red curly hair to her shoulder blades. He felt that he could swim in her deep blue eyes framed by long sooty lashes for hours. “Come along dear, we’re falling behind because of your stubborn ways,” he teased.

“My stubborn ways?” she practically screeched. Her skin was flushed pink in irritation adding to the adorable picture she presented. Moving faster than the eye can see, Fletcher grabbed Tamsin around the waist and cradled her in his arms.

“See, not so bad, is it?” he purred, letting her feel every inch of his muscled body pressed against her side. Tamsin tried to suppress a shudder of delight and pasted a frown on her face. Fletcher laughed, admiring her stubbornness. “What is your name, love?” Tamsin turned her head away from him, blatantly ignoring him. “I am Fletcher,” he announced after a few minutes when she said nothing.

Tamsin continued to ignore him, hoping that he would give up and leave her alone. However, Fletcher wasn’t one known for giving up easily. “You know,” he mused, “if you don’t tell me your name I’m going to have to come up with a pet name for you.” He paused thoughtfully, “How about: pumpkin, muffin, pudding, sweet cheeks, sweetums, cookie, honey bun, sweet pea—”

“I’m not food,” Tamsin grumbled, “is that all you think about? Eating?” She blushed when Fletcher gave her a knowing look.

“Fine, none of those. How about: baby, button,” he paused to draw out the next name, “lover.” She tried to ignore the fire that was racing through her belly when he spoke to her in that smoldering tone. “I think I’ll go with pumpkin,” he said decidedly. “Pumpkins are orange, just like your hair.”

Tamsin snorted and continued to ignore him, but Fletcher kept on talking, making sure to insert ‘pumpkin’ every so often. Delilah and Ingrid watched the exchange between Tamsin and Fletcher in amusement. Tamsin was known for being sharp-witted and quick on her feet, not to mention stubborn, but it seemed that she had finally met her match too. “Do you think Violet is going to be ok?” Delilah asked Ingrid worriedly.

“I’m sure she will be. Finn, King of the Coldhearted seemed like he cared enough to make sure she doesn’t die,” Ingrid pointed out.

“You just contradicted yourself there,” Delilah laughed. “But he did have an avid interest in her.”

“Just like you do in Theo?” Ingrid said slyly.

Delilah gave her a light whack, trying not to blush. “He was injured, I was worried.” It was a bonus that he happened to be absolutely gorgeous too. All of the men were, but there was something about Theo that was different. She could immediately tell him apart from his twin, and it wasn’t just because of his golden eyes, he had a different aura about him. Sighing, they followed after Raine and Noelle with Fletcher and Tamsin behind. They hoped they would reach wherever they were heading soon. It felt like they had been walking forever.