Chapter 16 - They need an Alpha

I GOT HAPPY MUSIC YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO CAUSE IT GOES FROM 1 TO 100 REAL QUICK.

----------------------------

"Gahh!"

I woke up out of breath, sweating.

My dream! It's what happened last night! Where was Xavier?

What have I done?

I quickly pick myself up from the rock and hurriedly swim to the entrance of the cave. I need to find him! We weren't mated yet and I haven't been marked, so I couldn't tell if he was dead or not, but the thought of it caused a pain to grow in my heart I couldn't quite identify. What have I done!

I pushed myself out from the small hole after a bit of struggling and burst through as I looked around trying to recall the direction of land. I couldn't see anything, and it was darker than earlier, almost sunset!

Oh no no no!

I turned around and began swimming hurriedly towards the top and soon broke the surface. I looked around, and to my right in the far distance I saw the faint outline of a landform. I felt adrenaline pump through my heart as I dove back under and swam as fast as my tail could carry me towards the land.

I was around halfway there when my tail began to grow tired from my rapid swimming. I started regretting not exercising, but nows not the time for that! I need to stay focused! I need to find him! I felt my energy come back as I continued to get closer to the land, my hopes growing higher that it was the same beach I washed up on.

Something in the corner of my eye caught my attention however. Enough to make me stop.

The water slowly became shallower as I approaches the land mass, and there was around 50 feet of water from where I was currently floating, and below me I saw the gleam of a steel boat.

The same boat from last night.

I quickly dove down into the water and soon saw a devastating sight.

All the boats were down here, each scattered and broken apart. I dove down closer and searched for the boat Xavier was on and swam inside. I saw one of his pack members inside, put the other three, including Xavier, that I saw on this boat were nowhere in sight.

I swam out and searched all the boats, finding only a three bodies out of the twenty that were with Xavier. I swam up to the top after not finding him, and I didn't know how to feel.

He wasn't here, which means he could be alive, or gone forever......

When I breached the surface, the sun hung low in the sky and the beautiful orange and pink clouds high above. I swam a few meters closer to shore and saw some pieces of wood and metal floating. I saw a figure on one of them floating, and quickly swam over.

It wasn't Xavier, but it was one of his pack members. I felt my hope die, but I couldn't leave him out here. He was breathing shallow breaths and I quickly grabbed onto the wood and dragged him to shore as I pulled him with the currents.

I threw him off the board with an 'umph!' and he fell flat on his back. We were in ankle deep water so I couldn't move inland with my tail very well, but I managed to maneuver into a position where I was sitting, leaning over his body.

I put my head on the man's chest and heart a strong heartbeat. This was good! Okay....now what?

He was not moving, so maybe he was still unconscious. I need a way to wake him up.......