Chapter Forty-Three

Angela woke up in Adriano's arms. She savoured the moment, knowing she would be returning to Miami later today and that this might be the last time she was like this for a while. She sighed and moved closer to him in bed, lying there, thinking about everything that had happened last night. It didn't seem real.

Angela needed an answer and when she got the one she was hoping for, Adriano opened up completely and fully to her. He told her everything that needed to be said. He told her about in the beginning and how she had begun to warm on him. He mentioned everything leading up to and during his birthday party- the kiss they shared on the piano stool that night, when he saw her hurt on Christmas, the first night they shared together and how he ran away from that.

Adriano was afraid, as much as he didn't want to admit it, he had told her that. He didn't want to ruin her, he didn't want to ruin what they had and he felt like the best way to do that was to stay away but it had become increasingly difficult for him to do anything without thinking about her when she went back to Miami. But what was keeping him from contacting her was that he wanted her to move past everything in New York and forget the terrible memories she had here- he was a part of her time in New York and he thought it was for the better.

The pair had worked things out after Adriano's confession and Angela ended up staying the night with him. Adriano began to move a little beside her and when she looked up at his face, she noticed his eyes cracked open.

"Good morning." He said quietly. His hair was messed up and he had a big grin plastered on his face.

"Morning." Angela smiled back. Adriano moved his face closer to hers and began planting soft, sweet kisses on her neck, making his way to her mouth.

"I miss waking up with you." He confessed and she giggled a little at him before snuggling closer to him.

"What time is it?" she groaned, remembering the day she had ahead of her.

"Hold on...It's ten thirty." He said, looking at the clock on the bedside table.

"I have to go back to Mike's soon." She sighed and he turned to look at her in bed. There was a silence for a short while until he spoke again.

"I'm going to miss you Angie." He had a sad look on his face and his tone was full of sorrow.

"I'll miss you too." Angela gave him a sad smile.

"I promise I'm going to come out there as soon as I can, whenever I can. How is moving in going for you?"

"Almost everything's sorted now. Kenny and Santino and my family really helped me a lot."

"I can't wait to see it." He smiled at her before stretching out.

"C'mon, I'll make you breakfast before you go." He kissed her on the lips before getting up, the pair of them heading to the kitchen.

Adriano made breakfast for both himself and Angela. He drove her back to Mike's apartment where her guards were waiting for her. Angela still needed to get the last few things packed and Adriano stayed with Mike until she went to the airport. Kenny and Santino drove in the car they had got for New York while Adriano drove Angela in his own car. He wanted to spend the last bit of time they had together before she went back home to Miami.

"It won't be too long before I visit you, I promise Angie." He whispered to her once he handed over her bags to the guards. The pair were standing there in the airport as she waited to go through security and catch her flight.

"I hope not." She chuckled a little and smiled. Adriano caressed her cheek and then kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you." He said as he kissed her lips.