Chapter 33

This photo is by PandaCronicles and honestly? I love the whole vibe that it gives off. #fantabulous

Continue dear readers!

++++++++++++++++++++

"Uh... Will? Why did you drag me away from Luke like a worrisome soccer mom would her child from a mean coach?" I asked casually, glancing at Will warily as he quickly marched us down the school hallway and towards the cafeteria.

Hmm... something is up with him, I think to myself as I observe his tense posture and anxious facial expression. Something is definitely up with him.

"...Will?" I try again, hoping to get through to his apparently closed off mind. It was as if he was so deep in thought that he didn't actually hear my first question. If that was the case, then I really wished to know what on earth could be causing Will to feel so much turmoil in his thoughts.

"Huh?" Will finally replied, turning his head and blinking at me, almost as if he was falling out of a self-inflicted haze. "Sorry, I wasn't really listening. Could you repeat your question?" He asked apologetically--almost nervously--as he gave me a shy and awkward smile.

Oh my bananas what has happened to him? Where did my cocky, self-assured frenemy go?

"I was just wondering why on earth you stole me away from my conversation with Luke like he was on fire?" I clarified, once more watching him for his reaction as he nodded in understanding and hummed at my question. Taking a look around our surroundings while I waited for his response, I noticed that we were no longer walking towards the cafeteria, but were actually walking up to his locker.

"Wait," I suddenly said, not waiting for his response to my previous question, "I thought we were going to the cafeteria. I am legitimately hungry and would like to eat some food before the bell rings."

Will chuckled at this statement, an amused smile resting on his lips as we reached his locker and he used one hand to open it. His other arm was busy being linked with my own in a gentlemanly type of way. "Well, I am going to feed you, just not with cafeteria food." He said with a mirthful tone. "When I heard about Julia being hospitalized, I knew that you would not only find some way to feel guilty about it, but you would also just feel really crappy in general. So like the amazing friend that I am, I decided to make it my job to help you feel better. The first way I am going to do that today is by making you lunch!"

To say that I was surprised would be a slight understatement. I mean, who wouldn't be shocked that the boy with whom you have the most bipolar friendship ever with suddenly decides to make you lunch because of an ill family member? Might I remind you, this is a boy whom you also never knew could cook--or be skilled in the kitchen. No, it is not a sexist thing, but more of a 'seventy percent of teenagers (boy and girl) that I know can't cook to save their lives'. I never thought about whether or not he was actually in that group of people.

You learn new things every day.

I was about to question the blue-eyed boy more on this, but immediately stopped when I smelled the wondrous and delectable smell of breakfast burritos.

Oh sweet Lord of all things yummy and delicious, thank you for sending the angel bearing burritos. I am forever thankful.

After sending that very gracious and thankful prayer up to the big man upstairs, I quickly jumped closer to Will, wanting very much so to eat those amazing smelling goodies. Seeing my immediate reaction, the raven-haired young man chuckled humorously, obviously entertained by the fact that my stomach was completely controlling my motives and choices right now.