Chapter 29

Cover props to iamsarahy seriously I love all of the covers she sent me ^.^

So.... Skater Cinderella just hit 1 million readers on Christmas Eve....

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

Okay, I'm good.

Also! I would like to sincerely apologize for taking SO LONG to update this story!

Life has just been so hectic and I am finding it harder and harder to find time to write! I really hope that we all can get back on track with this story (aka: I wanna do better at updating) from now on, so just keep me in your prayers (and hopes is y'all ain't religious, I don't hate) and we'll see how this goes!

++++++++++++++++++++

I don't even know why I came here. This is pointless. I thought to myself as my eyes tiredly scanned the arena before me.

Following the insightful and revealing conversation I had shared with my best friend last night, Jordan and I decided to come to the skating arena and see if my mother's pendant had fallen off during the actual competition. We had asked the janitors (who were in charge of cleaning up after the tournament) if they had come across it and all had given us a shake of their head in return. After seeing our dejected and disappointed faces, they pitied us and allowed us to check out the arena for ourselves just in case.

Now here we are.

"C'mon, Tessa, you can't give up hope now! We'll find it, don't worry." Jordan told me, rubbing my shoulder in a comforting way as I gave him a 'shush-I'm-tired' look.

"I know, Jordy, but I cant help but feel like I am never going to see that necklace again." I say dejectedly, my shoulders slumping and a pout forming on my features as I lightly kicked the ground with my toe. "Someone probably saw it, stole it, and sold it at a pawnshop by now."

Heaving a heavy sigh, Jordan shook his head and mumbled a few choice words under his breath. I just inhaled and exhaled a deep breath once more, slouching down in a rather unattractive manner as I did so.

"We are never going to find it if you keep talking like that." My best friend finally said, walking over and sitting in a bench by the rink.

Lazily and begrudgingly moving to slump beside him, I groaned and pouted as I looked out at the skating arena. "You mean talking realistically? Someone has to do it." My eyes scanned the rink slowly, fluttering back and forth in despair.

I swear, I never catch a break.

Upon hearing my statement of realistic thoughts and doubts, Jordan's nose scrunched up in distaste as he leaned his elbows on his knees. "No, you're talking pessimistically. As far as I'm concerned, having a little hope is a far better way of thinking than the depressing thoughts of negativity."

I scoffed at his remark, sitting up more and leaning back on my hands. "I'm not talking like a pessimist, I'm talking like a realist. If there's one thing I've learned with all of the things I've experienced, it's that most of the time hope only leads you to disappointment."

While before, he was absently looking out at the skating arena before us, now his full attention was on me. "What's this? Why are you suddenly so negative and against the idea of hope?" He asked me, sitting up and crossing his arms.

Shrugging in a careless manner, I brought my leg up and rested my chin on my knee. "I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of constantly having to hope, pray, and wish for something better. Sometimes I feel like this is all I'm really going to get in life. Even if I do get my dream of being a skateboarder, who's to say that I will even last long in that world? After all, I am only a teenage girl who can't even pass her classes without a large amount of help from a tutor who is more wishy-washy than a flipping ocean. As far as I have seen, there is more likelihood of my life getting harder than there is of it getting better."