Chapter Four: Vampire's

Alexa's P.O.V.

"Next up is Alexandria Rainia Rossi." The announcer spoke. I felt myself shake, I clutched my hands into fists and walked onto the stage. Many of them sat in the audience, it seems that vampires are that desperate for slaves... I laughed in my head, if only they knew my plan. Wait, did I even have a plan? You're so stupid. You're going to die. A voice spoke in my head, I tried to shake the voice out, but it kept coming back.

Shut-up. I yelled at the voice. I was so busy yelling at this voice, that I didn't even get to glance at the person who won me. As I was being hauled off the stage I glared at everyone, they all looked at me as if I was some kind of unfamiliar species. Then again I am human. The man who was leading me outside stopped and turned back around, then I saw a man with Dirty blonde hair and gold eyes. Just like that man in the woods only he looked different.

"Hello." He spoke nicely. Wow, a Vampire who's kind. I wonder if Kalia is getting this kind of treatment. I frowned at the thought of her even being with someone she had no idea about.. I didn't reply to him. He leads me to a jeep and opened the door for me.

"Whatever," I said rudely. I got in and buckled up.

"I'm really sorry about all this. My parents said that we need more help around the house. I'm Nathaniel. But you can call me Nate if you want." He smiled. I decided to give him a small smile back. I mean he was being nice, I might as well be nice back. He climbed into the vehicle and began heading towards wherever this place was.. I noticed the whole time we were driving he kept glancing at me. Probably making sure I wasn't breaking down? I don't know..

"Does it hurt?" He asked me.

"Does what hurt?" I asked, taking my eyes away from the window.

"Your wrist, you've been clutching onto it for minutes now." He said looking worried in the mirror.

"Oh, yeah. I do that a lot when I'm nervous. Or-"

"Scarred?" He asked me. I only nodded my head.

"Don't worry. I'll be by your side the whole time. I promise." He smiled. I didn't return it. How do I know to trust this stranger? I only trust Kalia and Evan. I looked back out the window staring, so many houses and trees we passed. I'm not sure if we're in New York anymore.

***

I ended up falling asleep on the way to my so called "New Home." I wondered if this is what it was like to be adopted when you're old enough to know.

My dream was terrifying. I was running from something or someone, whatever it was I was really afraid. My sneakers hit the hard damp ground making twigs snap, and my head jerking back to see if it or he/she was still chasing me. I ended up being trapped at the edge of a cliff where water was splashing down below. I was standing at the same feet a skyscraper almost was. I stopped and looked over the cliff panting hard from running so much. I turned and then saw a man with brown hair and brown eyes. He looked at me and held his hand out to me. He then whispered my name.

"Alexandria.." His voice was so cold sounding, it even sounded like he was a terrible person.

"Alexandria, don't." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I whipped around and saw a woman with long brown hair and blue eyes just like mine.

"Sweetheart, don't!" She yelled at me.

"Who are you?" I asked, I tripped over and saw the man next to me along with the lady.

"You have to choose, Alexandria." They said at the same time. "The light." The woman spoke.
"Or join the dark." The man with the deep voice said. I gasped as I felt a cold chill go up my spine and down my arm, making me freeze.