Chapter Fourteen

Willa's P.o.v.

It's been about a week now since Alice was in the hospital. She had been released the next day because nothing had been hurt too horribly. Though she isn't fond of the cast, she is doing better. The bruises hurt less and the cut doesn't bleed anymore.

After we left I had her come back and rest in my dorm. It took a lot of convincing but I had Alice talk to the head of campus about what happened and had Madison kicked out of the college. He, like me, had wanted to get the police involved, but Alice said no, that losing her girlfriend, probably her only friends, and her place at the college was enough, she didn't need jail time too. I still wanted her to rot in a cell for a little while but whatever Alice wants, she gets.

My absentee dorm mate moved out the day after we came back from the hospital so we also talked to the head of campus about having Alice switch into my room. He happily agreed and so I helped (well, Alice actually couldn't do much so I had to) pack her stuff and bring it over to my dorm. Good thing we weren't too far from each other. That was a lot of stuff to carry!

Yesterday, Alice finally asked the question that was constantly on my mind.

"So.. what are we? Like, relationship wise?"

"Um... I don't know... I mean, I'm not dating anyone now obviously, and I don't know if you have anyone else in mind-"

"Of course not."

"-but I guess as long as you still love me, then I would love to be with you again."

Alice paused and then scooted closer to me.

"You know I love you. I've loved you since high school. As long as you still love me, well then, I'd say we were a couple."

"Yeah, I still love you." I said with a smile.

She grinned and leaned in to kiss me.

Early today we had breakfast with part of the gang. We told them we were dating again and there reply was pretty much just 'finally' and a collection of sighs. Kingston then laughed and asked why the hell it took so long for us to actually make it official. Grace slapped him on the arm and told him to just be happy for us and to shut his mouth. Misty jumped up and hugged us both and said she was glad that we were together and that she no longer would have to hear us talk in such a nostalgic way about each other. We laughed and told her that from now on it would just be cute stories about what the other had done.

Later we met with Jackson and Chance at the Cafe. I had kind of forgot I even worked there at one point in time and Chance said that he expected as much and had hired someone else in my place a long while ago. We told them we had something important to say and Jackson went to turn the sign to 'CLOSED'. After we said we were together again they rolled their eyes and said 'that's all?' Chance looked to Jackson and stated 'I thought it would actually be something important for once' Jackson shook his head and replied with 'yeah but when have they ever had anything really important to say?' They stayed serious like that for another moment before they both busted out laughing. They hugged us then and said they were happy and that if we dare to break up again then they would send an assassin after the both of us.

Finally, we just had Lizzy to tell. We went to her house and sat her down at her table. She still wasn't pleased that I was still around but she listened anyhow. She actually smiled once Alice had said we were together again with such happiness.

"That's amazing." She has said. "Let me get you guys a treat. Willa, help me out?"

I followed her into the kitchen and almost immediately she turned to look at me.

"If you ever hurt her again, I will not hesitate to kill you. You may think I am joking, but I'm not." And let me tell you, Lizzy may look sweet and nice, but she can be terrifying. But then she smiled and said, "Grab the glasses and I'll get the cookies and milk."

No matter how much she thought I wasn't worth Alice's time or heart, she still treated me nicely. Eventually though she will see that I am in this for the long run and I won't ever break Alice's heart again. For as long as we live, I will be there for her.