Chapter 8

Lilly woke up late Sunday afternoon and felt a little sick to her stomach. She knew school started tomorrow but wasn't dreading it as much as before. Although she was really drunk last night she had remembered the entire conversation she had with Jonathan. As much as he irritated her, it would be nice that she had another person to talk to.

She wanted to make sure just in case it was all just a dream. Lilly yanked her phone off the charger and started to text Jonathan.

"Did u make it home ok friend?"

She only had to wait about a minute to get a response.

"Ya buddy."

Lilly smiled at the text and attempted to roll out of bed. The room started to spin and she flew into her already damaged computer chair. The right leg completely split off as she moved to avoid the rest of it falling on her.

"Lillian, is everything okay up there? It sounds like a damn circus," yelled Whitney from downstairs.

"Sorry Mom I fell out of bed,” she shouted.  

"Okay just be more careful. Come down when you're all cleaned up I made food."

"Sure, thanks Mom," yelled Lilly as she felt the liquid in her stomach come up to the middle of her throat. The legal drinking age for shifters was sixteen. This was because they usually burned it off pretty quickly but drinking too much could still make a shifter sick. She definitely had too much to drink. 

She ran to the bathroom and threw up what little liquid she had left before collapsing on the floor. She felt exhausted but a little better after the whole ordeal. Lilly picked herself up and looked into the mirror with fierce determination.

"I swear that a drink will never touch my lips again!" she exclaimed, pointing to her reflection.

She took a quick shower and headed downstairs without even bothering to blow dry her hair. It wouldn't matter anyway, she would have to do it all over again tomorrow and then she would take the time to make her hair look nice.

"Hey sweetie, you slept a little late today. Did you have fun at the party?" asked Whitney.