Chapter 40 - Oh, God... please stop talking.

Chapter 40 – Oh, God... please stop talking.

Lucy's POV

At ten past twelve in the afternoon I stand at the bottom of the steps leading up to Justin's house, half praying that Justin isn't home today. However, the fact that it's a Saturday makes it much more likely that he is as he won't be at school, which is all the more reason why my feet seem to be stuck to the ground right now.

I was woken up this morning at nine by an extremely bouncy Amy who was all but ready to march me over to Justin's house straight away for me to (as she puts it) declare my undying love for him. Luckily I managed to convince her to at least let me get ready first, intentionally making the usual mundane tasks of showering and getting dressed over twice as long as I usually take to put this off for as long as possible. Of course, though, I wasn't able to put it off forever. So here I am.

The only reason I haven't run for the hills already is the fact that, if I do this today, Amy will agree to having coffee with Dean the next time she sees him, which will most likely be at the next Pack meeting we have.

Sighing to myself, I force my feet slowly up the marble steps before coming to another stop in front of the massive mahogany door.

Okay, I've come this far, now all I have to do is ring the doorbell.

Taking one last deep breath, I reach my hand up and press the button in, listening to the chiming echo within the house that follows.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this-

My mental mantra cuts off when the door swings open to reveal Justin stood in some black sweatpants and a dark grey T-shirt.

I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't-

"Hey," he greets, a somewhat confused smile curving at his lips.

"Hi," I reply, my voice sounding squeaky and surprised.

Queue the mental face palm. Why should I sound surprised to see him? I'm at his house for crying out loud!

"Is... everything okay?" he asks

"Yeah," I say, feeling proud that my voice comes out sounding more normal this time. "Um... I need to talk to you."

After a few seconds of studying me, still clearly confused as to what I'm doing on his doorstep, he seems to realise what it is I want to talk to him about.

"Er, sure, come on in," he says eventually, stepping back and opening the door wider for me to enter before shutting it behind me.

"Where is everyone?" I ask when we walk into the empty living room.

"Mum and dad left a little while ago to go shopping," he explains, sitting down on one side of the sofa whilst I take the other. "And I think Devlin's gone to meet up with Jess."

"Oh, okay," I say, not really sure what other response I could give.

"So... you wanted to talk?" he asks, cutting straight to the chase when he comes to the quick realisation that I'm procrastinating.

"Um, yeah..." I reply before trailing off.

Why is this so hard? It's just Justin. Not to mention the fact that he's made it perfectly clear that he wants to date me. What am I supposed to say to him, though? How the hell am I supposed to word it?

"About...?" he prompts when it becomes clear that I've fallen to another standstill.

"About us," I admit, causing him to smile nervously, obviously unsure of which direction I'm taking this conversation in.

OMEGA (Under Rewrite)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें