21: crash and burn

Maddie's pov:

"Hey hey look who made it!" Some guy said to Mike as we walked in.

"Hey man" Mike said back. "Maddie this is Travis, Travis Maddie"

"Hey nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you" he said, hitting Mike in the chest.

"Thanks for letting me come" I said to him, smiling.

"Of course! Drinks are in the kitchen, make yourself at home" he nodded at us and walked back towards the living room.

"Hey I'm gonna grab a drink, you want one?"

I thought for a second.

"Yeah sure"

"K I'll be right back"

One drink couldn't hurt right?

As I turned to walk into the living room I bumped into someone.

"Maddie heyyyy what's up" Valerie said to me. She was very drunk.

"Hi- didn't think I'd see you here"

"Yeah well Travis and I are.. well you know" she clicked tounge and gave me a weird look.

I nodded slowly. "Right yeah" I said.

"Well I'll catch ya later pom poms" she said to me, slurring her words.

"Uh yeah okay"

As I turned away from her, Kacey quickly walked past me trying to catch up with Valarie. She smiled at me as she walked by and I did the same.

I wonder if Dylan's here-

I started to think before my question was quickly answered. As soon as I walked into the living room I saw Dylan and some girl making out against the wall.

She opened her eyes for a second and sheepishly smiled at the girl in front of her, but before she went back to kissing her she saw me out of the corner of her eye. I quickly turned away and headed towards the kitchen.

"Hey there you are" Mike said, handing me a drink.

I took the cup from his hand and took a big drink of whatever was in there.
__________________________________

Dylan's pov:

I was sitting on the edge of the couch, listening to Shane and Valerie talk, when a blonde girl walked over.

Chloe gave me a nod and averted her direction to the other side of the room, signaling for me to follow.

I got up from the couch and walked over.

"I didn't know you'd be here" she said.

She had brought me over to the corner of the room and she was leaning against the wall.

"Uh well Travis invited Valerie and she sort of made me tag along" I said, looking at her. She nodded in response.

"Must not be very fun watching your friends get drunk" she said, her eyes trailing back to my eyes.

She knew I didn't drink.

"It's not" I said, blankly.

"Good thing I'm here then huh?" She said. She put her hand on my neck and brought my lips to hers.

I immediately tasted alcohol on her and pulled away. She looked at me confused.