2. The Assassination

Jairaj POV

Bhabhi was still lying in the hospital, and Balraj bhaiya was totally disrupted. The politicians left no chance to provoke the innocent public against each other.

"Jai!" Arjun called me from behind.

"Yes!" I replied, rubbing the tip and body of Inayat's gun all over my face, ultimately kissing her name that was inked on it in Urdu.

"This belongs to Inayat, the only daughter of Amjad Ali Khan. The man keeps her hidden from the world, as if she is a gem."

Arjun reminded me, noticing my obsession towards her.

"She is undoubtedly a gem, and now, my obsession too."

I grunted, kissing her name again, this time quite deeply.

"Don't act mad, Jai. You both are entirely different. She can never be yours. Why would his father marry her off to a Hindu?"

Arjun bawled at me, striding towards me in vexation.

"I have my ways, that seem to be quite dangerous, but I can do anything if it comes to her. I WANT HER, at any cost."

I groaned back, acting like an obsessed lover, but my desire for her was growing day after day, that was certainly hidden from the world.

"Impossible! After Aryan's death, it is beyond impossible."

Arjun mentioned, taking a seat beside me.

"Our fathers are laying foundation of our relationship unknowingly."

I asserted, Arjun thinned his brows.

"Means?" He asked, getting bewildered.

"Our marriage will the cease the communal riots that will begin because of the hate speech both of them are delivering."

I asserted, and Arjun left his seat in urgency.

"IMPOSSIBLE!"

He yelped, and I straightened up too.

"Kyu be? Teri jal Rahi hai kya ye dekhte hue ki mujhe meri crush mil Rahi hai. Saale! Preeti ko set kar dunga tere sath. Tension mat le!"

"Why are you pissed off, realising that I can get married to my crush? Idiot! I'll ship you and Preeti. Don't worry!"

I vociferated, raising my collar up with my hands.

"Tu? Tu layega Preeti ko mere paas?"

"You? You will bring Preeti to me?"

He enquired mockingly, and I nodded with a wide teasing smile.

"Harami, pehle apna dekh. Amjad Ali Khan ki beti hai wo. Wo mar jayega par ek Hindu ko apni ladki nahi dega."

"Rascal, first manage your case. She is Amjad Ali Khan's daughter. He'll die, but won't marry off his daughter to a Hindu."

He teased me, and I frowned.

"Bhaiya, thakurain woke up, and thakur saheb had a fight with her."

One of our workers informed me, sliding the door gently. I signalled Arjun about my departure, and he nodded. His expressions had also changed into a worried one. I walked to the room where bhabhi was admitted.

"Maa!"

I entered the room, bhabhi's tearful gaze fell on me. Ma shook her head, and my eyes got shut.

"Why did you do that bhabhi?"

I enquired, strolling to her, and kneeling beside her bed.

"Are you also involved, bhaiya?"