Chapter 6: This means NOTHING

As Kelly's eyelids fluttered open, she was greeted by the unwelcome sensation of a pounding headache. Determined to shake off the lingering haze of alcohol, she resolved to clear her mind with a brief run through a couple of blocks. As she laced up her sneakers and stepped outside, the crisp morning air filled her lungs.

Yet, amidst the pounding of her footsteps, Kelly's thoughts drifted to Zeke, who left without saying goodbye, but he did leave a note saying she snored, prompting Kelly to question if she really did snore. 

As she paused to catch her breath, Kelly's mind wandered to the blurry fragments of the previous evening, memories of drunken banter and nonsense confessions swirling within her mind. Despite her best efforts to dismiss them, she couldn't shake the nagging feeling that she had made a fool of herself in front of Zeke.

Turning her thoughts to Ethan, Kelly felt a surge of resentment wash over her, mingled with a desperate longing for his validation. His message, though seemingly innocent, served as a vivid reminder of the power he held over her heart.

She took a bottle of water and gulped every last bit of it as she headed into her apartment. Kelly untied her lose ponytail as she headed to the shower, she hadn't ran in a long while, so she was kind of tired. When she was done, she remembered that she hadn't responded to Gabe's text message from last night. He must have been so worried.

"Oh, an Email. That's new,"

'Notice to Vacate Premises

Dear Miss Kelly Anderson,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inform you that, unfortunately, due to unpaid rent, you are required to vacate your apartment within one week of receiving this notice.

As your landlord, ------_--------_---------_-------_-----------_---------_-----------_---------------------_---------------------_--------_--------_------_-------_---------_-------_---------_--------------_-------------_-----------_-------_--------_-------_--------------_-------_----------_----_-----------_--------_------ Regrettably, your rent has been overdue for an extended period, despite previous reminders and attempts to resolve the matter.

Please _-----------_---------_---------_--------_-----------_-------_ that failure to vacate the premises by the specified date may result in further legal action to enforce eviction proceedings.-------_---------_----------
_---------_---------_---------_---------_--------_----------_-------_-------_---------_---------_----.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Sincerely,

[Miller Schwartz]
[1-212-XXX-XXXX]'

"My life is a joke!" she muttered as she hit her head on the couch until tears started pouring out like rain.

After an hour of crying, Kelly finally mustered the courage to share her predicament with Emma and Gabe, who listened with genuine empathy. Sensing her distress, Emma sprang into action, offering to help pack up Kelly's belongings. But as they struggled to cram Kelly's extensive wardrobe into overstuffed bags, Emma couldn't help but sigh at the sheer volume of clothes.

"Babe, your clothes are just too many," she uttered realising the impracticality of transporting every item, Emma gently suggested the idea of selling and discarding some pieces, much to Kelly's initial reluctance. Yet, after some heartfelt deliberation and a few tears shed over cherished clothings, Kelly reluctantly agreed to part with a portion of her wardrobe.

The following day, amidst the hustle and bustle of a garage sale, Kelly watched with a mix of nostalgia and resignation as her belongings found new homes for very cheap prices.