Chapter 140

[Chthon POV]

She killed his chosen one. She killed her disciple without a trace of remorse to be seen. She was slowly losing her emotions in this accursed world. The flame that once burned with blazing heat now seems to be cold even though it remain as hot as ever.

That was normal. After all, one simply does not exist inside the domain of death in the end of time without consequences. It cannot be denied that the environment played a role. But she herself was also slowly becoming her future self.

Yes, this was good. It was the best news he had ever heard since he started existing. The keeper of fire becoming an emotionless being? A husk of what makes something a human being. She was getting closer to the perfect being that is her future self.

He is known as Chthon, the first master of black magic on Earth. One of the Elder gods of Earth dealing with anything demonic. Creating the darkhold and foretelling the arrival of the Scarlet Witch, he prophesied her inevitable arrival.

Chthon the pinnacle of black magic, chthon the Elder god, Chthon the god who descended into demonhood, born of Demiurge Primordial shortly after the formation of Earth, they were the first lifeforms to ever exist on the surface of planet Earth.

Earth is not just a single planet among the countless, nameless irrelevant planets that exist in the Universe. It is a pivotal point of fate, destined to be important no matter the state of the universe. Favoured by 'them', and other higher beings, it is special.

Such place is not created as lightly as other planets. There were two main factors that were involved in the creation of the pivotal planet of fate. The Progenitor and Demiurge Primordial. The Demiurge created the gods and the Progenitor gave it the various extraordinary characteristics.

It is said that before the formation of the multiverse, there existed one sole original universe. Before all recorded time, before there was anything, the dawn of everything that is or was, the first firmament, the original universe known as the First Cosmos.

In there were two main races. The Celestials and the Aspirants. The Aspirants were the natural servants of the First Cosmos while the Celestials were something a little different. They wanted change. This singular supreme universe was too small to house such god-like beings in a single cage.

The Celestials are well-known as they roam as freely as they ever did. Giant beings with heads that resembles lamps. Still humanoid and were thus, observable and describable. They even come with multiple colours. With technology as their main force, they could still be comprehended by both mortals and immortals alike.

The Aspirants however are a little different. They cannot be described. They were one of the first beings created by the first firmament to appease his lonely existence. They were industrious in their worship of him and sought his approval whenever they created life on their own.

Unlike their dark counterparts, the multicolored Celestials wanted their creations to evolve and for the universe to evolve with them, and thus know growth, change, and mortality. This divergence of ideas ushered in a Celestial War for the dominion of all existence.

How rare for the Celestials to be the 'hero'.....

During the Celestial War, the Celestials detonated their unimaginable weapons against the Aspirants, shattering the First Firmament into pieces. The hundreds of new universes born from those pieces coalesced into the first Multiverse and its personification.

The Celestials had become the sole owner of the multiverse. The ultimate ruler of all just below Abstract entities that came later like Eternity or the Creator itself, they reigned uncontested free to perform their "experiments".