Chapter 80

[Marco POV]

He opened his eyes to see that he was now standing on the shore of the lake.

"Do you know of the waking world, Pasithea?", he asked. She stated that all she remember was waking up in the realm of nightmares.

"Personally, I have never been there, but I do know someone from the waking world who I used to kill daily. He would return after I decapitate him. But lately, he no longer show up."

"Oh... somebody who kept resurrecting? What do you know of this person."

"He was ... blue."

"Blue?"

"Yes, and he had this metal arch on his head. He would whistle and a red arrow would come out of that arch. He could then control it. I could never understand him.

For some reason, I can barely remember him too. It is as if I would go out of control whenever I see him. So, I would kill him every time I see him. I did not have to chance to ask his name but is the waking world filled with blue people?"

"I have gone over long distances and travel a great many places but even I fail to know everything that exists. But I have not even heard of a rumor about a blue man. Surely, he would be easy to recognize?"

"Maybe, he came from the sky?"

"The sky?", he looked upon the sky to see stars twinkling. Surely, they must be shining from somewhere.

"How would you know that he come from the sky?"

"He's blue and the sky is blue."

"What type of logic is that?"

"I do not know but I can see it clearly that he belongs to the cosmos."

"A great old one?"

"No, not one of the great ones. A mortal like you and me. I still have no idea how to explain it but I just know. I can see it."

"See?", he thought to himself. Odeon did call told them. Pasithea Midnight, the possessed sight of the night. Truly a fitting name one such ... aloof ... as her. It was as if she should be skipping in a forest holding a basket of flowers rather than going around killing beasts.

"Even if he was truly from the cosmos, we have no way of getting out of here. I have killed many great ones, yet they do nothing. We need to find something to help us get out."

"There.", she pointed at the desolate ruins of the institution of Brygenwerth. Currently, they were at the Moonside lake where he first entered the nightmare.

"Master Willem", he said it out loud to himself. The head of Brygenwerth college. Indeed, if anyone could help them, it was him.

.

.

[Firekeeper POV]

"Here I am, my dear Alduin."

"You answer my call, keeper."

"Anything for thee, my dear Alduin. Pray tell me, why have thou call upon me? Is it just for the sake of Asgard?"

"Hmm... in fact that was the reason but there are more. I have called upon you to take in the Abyss Walkers."

"Take them in?"

"Although there are traces of the Abyss in them, they have yet to be fully corrupted. Bring their humanity back and you will have a legion of undead ready to serve you."

"My dear Alduin, I hath no need of any legion to serve me. I am fine with the crew I currently have."

"Then, restore them. I have a hunch that they will be important one day. The undead legion of Farron that buried countless kingdoms. They are indeed a force to be reckoned with."

"Very well then, my dear Alduin. I shall not deprive any being a chance to restore their humanity. Soon, I will go back to Earth in order to collect them. I implore thee to capture them and not kill them."

"Yes, Odin believes that they have been going around slaughtering hordes of his people. But I can sense that they are only killing those corrupted by the Abyss. I will inform Odin of this. He will get it. After all, he is a wise king."

"A wise king he maybe but there is no denying that he may not accept it. he is no longer as young as he was before."

"Worrying are you, keeper. Have no fear for I will convince Odin of this fact. I will make him see reason. In fact, why not make them join Asgard if you are not taking them in."

"The Abyss Walkers joining Asgard? My dear Alduin, doth thou wish to turn Asgard into Lordran? Odin will never allow it."

"I know my limits keeper and I do not wish to make them serve Odin. I wish for them to be more like associates. A caravan ready for hire. Mercenaries.

I suspect that there are a lot from our old world in here. Even you will not be able to take care of them all. After all, they need to survive themselves."

"How much about different worlds doth thou really know, my dear Alduin? To suspect that individuals of Lordran may reside in upon this current world is a stretch, no?"

"Alduin, the World Eater, the Twilight God, the First Dragon. I have had many names from worlds before Lordran was even founded. I have destroyed some myself. Trust me, keeper, I know a lot more about worlds than you do."

"Ah... that reminds me. Thou told Selph that there existed a man who ate cheese wheels in a fight?"

"Oh... forget it though I must admit that was indeed a baffling experience. Imagine killing each other and when you are about to win, your opponent started eating cheese wheels to heal and win the fight.

It is a bizarre experience I will not forget anytime soon. But forget about it. These are far too old for you. For now, focus on the present."

"Very well, my dear Alduin. I shall bid thee farewell for now. May the sun shine forever upon thee."

"You have farewell too, Keeper. May the sun shine forever upon you."

After her farewell, she went back to the rainbow bridge where Heimdall was waiting for her. By now, Loki's weapon should be complete. After retrieving it, it is time to go back to Earth.