16. Name Your Price

Might be another upload today, we'll see ;)
I'm so happy y'all are fucking with the lore omg, this has been a blast to brainstorm and write
So without further ado
Enjoy, lovelies!
xoxo

Alistair

I sat next to Gaia, hearing the low music spread amongst the hums of men as her husbands were forced to play my drunkard crew another tune

I sat next to Gaia, hearing the low music spread amongst the hums of men as her husbands were forced to play my drunkard crew another tune. The older rough looking men were beyond words exhausted, having been forced to play throughout most of the night, but that didn't stop the music my men were still demanding as daylight was close to breaking through the sky.

Caspian had retired for the evening, which by now I was drunk enough to admit I was the direct cause of. Coming to my own defense, the man could barely keep his eyes open regardless of how desperately he tried. He hadn't had a drop of liquor, so those spirits weren't keeping him alert like it had the rest of the crew.

I didn't understand what had shifted between him and Gaia after high noon, especially after hearing the laughter of them both, coming from the kitchen as Nalia finished setting the dining hall.

They were much more at ease around each other, which just made myself all the more uneasy. He helped the two women pour serving after serving as my men filled in famished and ready for a heavy meal. I was also drunk enough to now admit that the food this evening was incredible. Truly fucking incredible.

Which then of course angered me even more.

Caspian seemed to keep near Gaia throughout dinner and that made it difficult for me to get her alone, so I found myself ordering him up to our room to prepare my bed and his place on the floor. I needed time alone with this woman, especially after seeing how quick a bond she was able to create with Caspian in such a short amount of time. I wanted to know how... and why...

After a few more rounds of drinks, the only person I had my eyes set on chewing the fat with was Gaia. She seemed more inviting with the liquor coursing through her, her hand holding a very full chalice of wine as she sat near to the entrance of the kitchen.

"This was quite the welcoming." I noted. Gaia stretched her arms out across the wooden table, before her right hand carefully placed the chalice down.

"It's been a few years since you last visited. And you're quite the unkillable insect."

Well, I thought to myself... my assumptions of the wine coming with less insults was dead wrong.

"I am very thankful." I replied as an attempt at keeping the peace.

"As you should be." She countered

"What can you tell me about Caspian?" I asked her more directly. I had opted to eliminate the small talk, seeing as it was getting us nowhere, to which Gaia's arms crossed tightly over her shoulders.