7. Your Odyssey

Playlist is updated :)
Just a reminder, you can find it under my full name on Spotify or the growing list on the first chapter (chapter 0)
It's a list of music I've honestly been vibing with while writing, very pirate coded.
Also thank y'all so so SO much for the insane push on this book?! Like wtf I love y'all.
Also also, welcome aboard to all the new readers!
I cannot tell you guys enough how much I appreciate every reader that gives my work a chance, but fuck it imma try
For now, enjoy lovelies! :)
Beware the spelling errors, lol

Caspian

"Caspian!" I heard my brother's voice cry out through the raging fire

"Caspian!" I heard my brother's voice cry out through the raging fire. It was raspy from the suffocating smoke, but I could still recognize him.

The air was thick with the black smoke that flooded the otherwise burning castle. I could hear them, the Holy Men down the hall clashing swords with our own defenses. It wouldn't be long until they found us, regardless of how hard my father fought alongside our guards.

He had rushed both myself, my older brother, and my mother into one of our secret passageways built throughout the palace, telling us to make it to his and my mothers chambers located on the highest level, and tucked away towards the back of the castle itself.

We had made it here just moments ago, but the fire was spreading faster than our feet could carry us. My mother was closest to the now guarded door, and she spoke to the advisors that had safely followed my family here. I couldn't hear what she said as she spoke, but her pale skin was tight, those fading blue eyes holding nothing but fear in them. A look I wasn't the slightest familiar with.

I didn't know what to do, but Hodrus, my brother joined my side a moment later, wrapping his arms hard around me.

"It's going to be okay." I had heard him say, but I knew from the way he said those words that not even he himself believed them.

The Holy Men had breached the doors.

The castle was on engulfed with flames.

And our father hadn't returned.

Nothing was going to be okay, not since this night and every night since after. I could hear the enemy's men gaining speed, nearing the floor near this bedroom chamber. If they had reached this part of the castle, that meant our forces had failed...

That my father had failed.

"Quickly, boys." My mother spoke, beckoning both Hodrus and I towards her. She had a hard, closed off look in her eyes now, a look I had never seen before. A look so uncharacteristic to my mother's gentle, nurturing nature. "There isn't much time, so I need you two to listen, and listen very closely."

Hodrus was coughing up a storm, his slightly weaker lungs struggling to pull oxygen from this harsh smoke. He woukdn't last much longer here.

"There is a tunnel that runs directly below the foundation of this castle. A path your grandfather carved during the Ten Years of Unrest."