Chapter 25

Paige POV

"So what was going on at dinner? I could sense there was some... tension." She says.

"Well Y/n was being all smiley around Ms Martin so I was mad at first but then I started to talk to Gabbie Marshall and it seemed Y/n was a little jealous of that" I say shrugging.

"PAIGE!" Nika yells in a stern voice.

"If you like the girl, why would you try to make her jealous?" She asks.

"Woah woah woah I never said I liked her"

"Paige it's so obvious you do"

Y/n POV

Hearing Paige talk about Gabbie Marshall pissed me off. I guess that's what she's feeling about me when I talk to Kate. What am I even saying? It's not like we're in a relationship. She shouldn't care about me and Kate and I shouldn't care if she talks to Gabbie.

I sigh, laying down in my bed. I got unready and hopped right into my bed, scrolling on my phone. Azzi, who had just finished her night time routine, came walking out of our bathroom.

"So what's up with you and Kate?" She asks.

"Nothing..."

"Cmon I know there's gotta be something"

"Okay but promise you won't tell Paige?" I ask, sticking out my pinky finger.

"Promise."

"So she randomly asked for my number in the bathroom even though she's had multiple opportunities to get my number before but now she decides to get it? Like what? Anyways she was texting me during dinner and then I don't know both of our groups kinda conjoined and we all started talking and Paige was flirting with Gabbie and-" I cut myself off once I realize I've been rambling.

"It's fine, but Paige was definitely not flirting with Gabbie, she is sooooo pretty though" Azzi says.

"Wait what?"

"I thought Paige was totally crushing on her?"

"Nope!" She says, popping the P.

"Well that makes everything more interesting."

"Anyways why do you care about her liking Gabbie?" Azzi asks. I really didn't know.

"Just curious... I guess." I say, not knowing how to respond.

"Well I think someone has a little crushy crush!" She says, tapping my nose.

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

We sound like children.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Azzi asks.

"You know it!" I squeal, running over to her bed. Whenever we watched movies we usually watched them in her bed because the TV was closer.

"What will it be... binging Last Chance U basketball or Thunderstruck?"

"Last Chance U is way too sad for right now." I state.

"Thunderstruck it is!"

She puts on the movie and I laugh at it. I really do miss KD on OKC though.

"I miss him." I state.

"What?? Who??" Azzi gets upset.

"Oh my god I was talking about KD you goofball. I wish he was still at OKC."

"Oh you made me scared for a second."

I laugh at how clueless she can be sometimes. I fell asleep on Azzis lap, quite comfortable actually, and dreamed about that national title. I can't wait for March Madness.