Chapter 5

DAOU's pov

"I didn't mean to scare you, promise. I thought you recognized me that time." I apologize while bowing my head and fidgeting my finger under the table.

Like how many times do I need to explain my side to them. I don't know where to put myself in this situation. Specially Dunk still looking worried on Off.

"But still..."

"Stop it Dunk,"

"Why are you stopping me? Are you siding Daou now?"

"It's not like that you know, he already explained what happened that day, why can't you just let it go,"

"I know you two are closer but can't you see that Daou is in fault in here?"

"O my Gosh, okey fine it's my fault, enough fighting," I exclaimed getting stressed watching them argue.

"I'm fine now, so enough with this discussion," Off also snapped but I can feel that he is throwing daggers at my side.

Both of them frozen when they heard Off high pitch.

Even me gets startled and didn't say anything afterwards.

"Sorry," I mouthed Off while signing peace when he looks at my side again but still didn't work.

His treatment towards me is colder than antartic since I came.

Because that's what I felt everytime he looks at me.

I wanted to reconcile with him whatever mistake or wrong doing I did to him, but his not also giving me attention at all.

I'm getting stressed now.

I wanted to ask how is he? or what happened to him, but sad to say, and I'm guessing that he's not the Off I used to know before.

He used to be cute like a cat, but now he looks like a leopard to me. I mean he is still cute like before, but I don't know how to explain it.

A long silence and only the sounds of our co team-mates that are having in the pool can be heard that time.

Dunk, Jong and I just keep looking at each other simultaneously. Off never look after at me after that and keeps on drinking his beer until he finish the last drop.

"I think I need to go," Off said while standing up and smiling at Jong and Dunk.

"Are you sure?" Dunk asked and Jong signal me something but I didn't get what he means.

"Yes, cause I need to meet someone tomorrow," Off answered

"Special someone?" Dunk teased him.

Jong and I looked at each other but didn't say anything.

I feel a bit of jealousy because of that, but I didn't want to show them.

"Jealousy? really Daou?" I scolded myself and even slap my face because of that weird words that pop out in my head.

"Why do I need to feel jealous of them? Why?" I got confused of myself.

I know I'm feeling sad when he avoided me and missing him so much when I didn't see him and be with him.

Or maybe I'm just jealous because I can't have his attention now that he has someone special to him?

"He has his own life now Daou," I whispered to myself again trying to control my emotions.

"Yes, you can say that," Off said smiling. And you can also see in his eyes that happiness while mentioning that someone special.

I took Jong's beer and chug it in one go.

I hate to admit but the unwavering feeling I felt earlier gets worsen after his sentence.

"Invite that special someone of yours next time," I challenged him, but I didn't realize that I said that out loud like I angry.

"What are you angry for? You can just say it nicely you know?" Off answered back.

"Shit" I whispered but he heard it.

"Me, Shit? Oh come on?" his getting mad at me.

"I'm just scolding myself, not you Okey?" I explained in a very calm voice.

"Oh really?"

"Yes"

"OFFROAD, DAOU, ENOUGH," Jong shouted trying to stop us.

"Please, next time If his coming again," I said poiting at Off "Don't invite me?" I continued because I'm already annoyed.

But regretted saying that after I saw Off expressions.

I saw his eyes gets watery before he turn around to us.

"It's good that your girlfriend didn't also come here today, because from now on she's not also invited coming here," Dunk sternly said then catch up with Off.

But I held his arms stopping from his tract.

"I know I'm wrong, I'm just not in a good mood today. Let me handle this," I apologize still regretting the words that already spoken by me.

Dunk look at me like disappointed.

"Fine, just this time. I know you wanted to talk to him. But please thin before you talk,"

After that I run after Off.

After catching up with Off I didn't talk to him yet and I'm just following him behind him.

From time to time my hand reaching his hand but retracting immediately. I don't want him to get mad at me again. I know he notices me behind him, but he also keeps his mouth shut.

After a while, I can't stand our situation anymore. I don't know if he's going to talk after what I am going to do with.

This is already chance for me and I need to grab that opportunity now befor it's to late and need to take that risk now.

I think the beer is also helping me build up my confidence that time.

So, I run towards Off and back hug him.

"I'm sorry," I murmured on his back tightening my hug.

He didn't move my hands when I'm hugging him and we stay like that for a while.

I thought we are okey.

But I feel like a running cold water wash over me when I heard his sentence.

"Please leave me alone Daou. I don't want to see you ever again,"

That's when I didn't noticed that he removed my hands on his body.

And saw him running away from me.

Good morning/Goodnight  😘