Chapter Twenty Five

So my wisdom teeth removal went well! They also had to take bone because they were impacted ;-;
I couldn't write last week because my medication just made me really tired and I think I would have written something weird xD
Just a little note, I'm moving this story to Thursday! New updates will no longer be on Wednesday because I just got my University timetable and Wednesday is not a good day for me anymore!

We didn't bother making our way back to the horses. For one it would have taken too long and the leaf's new juices might have dried out, and because Acorn had that worried look on his face that made me think I wouldn't make it all the way there anyway.

He pulled some things out of his back pocket, including a crushed piece of stale bread, and began smearing some of the faeces onto it. I gulped and looked up at him.

He chuckled, "I'm sorry. I wish I could hide the taste a bit better, but bread is all I have."

"I thought you were going to work some sort of magic," I grumbled softly, sitting down on the ground in a huff. I crossed my arms and waited for him to get as much on the leaf as possible.

"I wish I could," he murmured. "But it's going to taste horrible. I just pretended like I could do something better while we were climbing up here so you wouldn't worry."

"I knew I should have stayed with the horses!" I exclaimed, covering my face as he brought the bread up to my lips. "I'm not eating that!"

He laughed loudly as if he were dealing with a child. Well, by the way I was acting he was dealing with one. "Come on, this will save your life. If you don't eat it now, I'll just wait until you pass out and slide it down your throat."

I peeked out at him through my fingers. "Then I'll pass out first."

"Incent!" He pulled at my hands. "Be a man!"

"I'm fine with not being one right now!" I squeaked, trying to pull my hands back.

Acorn stopped playing. "Incent, you need to eat this." His voice had gotten deadly serious and I lowered my hands. "I can't force you, but if you don't, you will die. Then all of this would have been in vain."

I looked up into his green eyes and sighed. I knew he was right. Dying would be the easy way out of the job I had been given to do, but I'm not known for doing things the easy way. I pinched my nose so I couldn't smell (or taste) anything and tentatively opened my mouth. Acorn put a finger under my chin and tilted my head up before sliding the piece of bread into my mouth. I closed my mouth and chewed quickly. The taste of the stale bread was prominent, but I could feel the slimy texture on top of it and it made me gag. Acorn kept my mouth shut with his hands.

"I know it's disgusting," he murmured. "Just swallow and it's all done."

With great effort, I got my throat moving, and the bread was gone. When I motioned to him, he let go of my mouth and I gasped for air. I could feel the sticky texture coating my mouth and I swallowed several more times to get it all down. It felt like that moment when you vomit and even though it tastes disgusting, you feel that need to swallow whatever is left over in your mouth to get rid of it. It felt like a necessity.

I finally finished with everything and looked up at him, a haunted look in my eye. "That was one of the most disgusting things I have ever done."

He grinned and reached out to ruffle my dreadlocks playfully. "Now we'll walk down to the horses and watch you get better."

"Except for my arm," I looked mournfully at the bandaged arm. I would forever have the burn marks on it. "I'll always have to wear long sleeves."

"At least you still have your arm," he smiled. "Come on. It's not an instant cure, so you can lean on me as we walk down a bit."

I put my arm on his back to keep myself stable as I got up and followed him down the hill. To be annoying as usual, I began playing with the ends of his blond hair. He reached back to shake out his hair, forgetting that it might be me. I did this several times before he stopped walking and looked at me. "Really? I thought it was a bug!"

I cracked up laughing and he grabbed my arm, pulling me into his personal space. My laughter dried up and he smiled, "Not so confident now, are we?"

My eyes widened as he lowered his face and gently brushed his lips against mine. As he pressed his lips against me with more effort, my eyes fluttered shut and my hands went to his chest and ran down it, feeling his hard lines beneath his shirt. I moaned in appreciation as he slid his tongue into my mouth slowly, teasing me with ease.

His hands tugged at my sweat-soaked shirt and pulled it off my skin. The cool air hit me directly and I gasped into his mouth, being careful not to bite down on his tongue. He chuckled and ran his hands down my body before breaking the kiss.

"You have a lot of scars," he panted.

I nodded and glanced down at my own chest to see the odd patterns they created in random areas. "None of them ever killed me though. I'm proud of my marks."

He grinned, "You should be." He kissed me again to shut me up (which definitely worked) and ran his fingers along the edges of some of my scars, causing me to shiver.

"I... don't... think," he said between kisses, "we... should... go... any... further. You're... still... sick..."

I bit his tongue and he laughed again. He grabbed my hair and pulled my head back. He began kissing down my neck in smooth, gentle strokes. Okay, it wasn't that smooth considering neither of us had had any access to shaving on the small trip, but being white and blond, it wasn't as obvious on Acorn.

"Well, well, well," a voice sounded. I thought it was Acorn for a moment, considering it had sounded so familiar. But when Acorn stiffened and pulled his lips away from my body, it kick-started my nerves. I looked up at him and saw the look in his eyes. It was fear but also a warning to be quiet. Maybe whoever spoke had been speaking to someone else?

"Turn around Prince Acorn." The voice spat the word 'prince'.

Acorn slowly turned around and I peeked out from behind him to look at the demon. The voice. Why was the voice familiar?

It was the face that got me. The human face. But the melting made it strange. A large goop dropped from his face before the area it had come from reformed. I watched another glob began sliding from his forehead and into his left eye. The memory struck me instantly.

He was the demon from the library!

The demon's mouth curled into the memory of a smile. His eyes never left Acorn's face. "Hello brother," the demon growled.

I hope you guys will leave awesome comments as always, and I'll see you in the next chapter!!

zGV