Chapter-15

*Time Skip*

I threw myself on bed after returning from the base of assassins here at rome.

At first, everything was going smoothly, until we ran into Logan. Luckily, I was wearing a mask at that time and I got saved.

Enzo registerd me over here with a new name and got me a mask as well.

I keep the mask hidden in my room and my outfit as well.

The base is a bit far, so we had to use Enzo's bike. He was speeding up multiple times and all I remember is how I scolded him and smacked his head because of it.

But now I was exhausted. I went on a mission and the adrenaline rush it gave me is just wow! I love it but I'm also a bit tired.

I laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling, I turn to check the time,
It's 4 am.

I took a long deep breath before covering myself with the comforter and snuggling it to fall asleep.

Nightmare

"Alexis! Down here. Right now!" The familiar voice yelled, somehow, I was back at my old house. My heartbeat was running fast.

I walked downstairs, and there it was. The monster. 

My breathing was heavy,

I walked towards him but maintained a safe distance before he slapped me across the face, 

Why is he so angry? What did I do? I don't remember this day.

"Fucking slut" he slapped me again,

"I give you a fucking roof on your head and you can't earn simple cash?!" He yelled as he pushed me back to the wall,

Grabbing my throat, making it hard for me to breathe, his intentions were clear. He wanted me dead.

Fuck, I remember this day now.

My breathing got more heavy, "p-please" I whimpered softly,

Too late, his lustful eyes were all over my body, I attempted to look away but he pinned me down to the wall, forcing me to look at him.

His face slowly moving closer to me, the smell of alcohol made me sick.

"Alexis!" I heard someone repeating continuously, and suddenly, I could feel my body shaking. Am I getting out of this nightmare?

My eyes opened quickly as I composed myself, sitting up on the bed and soon realising matt with his hands on my shoulder and dad standing beside me worried.

I took deep breaths and the room was filled with silence.

"Sorry" I mumbled, that's when I realised. My eyes were wet. My body was trembling. I was definitely not all right in their eyes.

Matt sat down beside me and held me close into his arms, I didn't resist and stayed in his arms.

This comfort, is this what I wanted? No. No it can't be. Im not weak. I don't need to display my emotions and get the sympathy of these people

Yet I remained in his arms, why?

He gently pulled away, looking into my wet eyes and wiping off the tear, "it's alright" his tone was calm, i gulped softly as I looked at their worried faces,

"It's okay, you don't have to talk about it" matt gave a reassuring smile, "but are you feeling better?" He asked,

I remained silent, thinking. Can I be selfish? Just this once? Can I ask him to stay with me? Can I ask him to protect me from the nightmares I may get later on? Can I ask him to.. protect me? I can't.

"Yeah, sorry to worry you" I mumbled with a soft smile, a fake smile of course but no one can find the difference. I'm just smart and talented.

Dad and Matt nodded, matt stood up and looked at me worried, "do you want me to stay?" He asked,

Yes, please.

"I'll be fine" I smiled, reassuring him.

Matt nodded, a bit taken aback but accepted my wishes.

Matt and dad walked out the room while closing the door on their way out, the lights were still on.