12

Sidharth woke up with a jerk at around 8 in the morning as he felt the warmth of her breath brushed against his hand, causing tiny hairs on his body to stand . The pillow was still there ,acted as the barrier between them, but it had somehow migrated closer to him. Her head had shifted, finding its place on his forearm, her face nestled against his skin.A vague memory of checking the clock at 5:30 AM came to him but he was unable to recall when he finally drifted into sleep, he turned to the side.

He found himself in a conflicted state. Should he gently pull her closer, allowing her to find a more comfortable place to sleep on his arms or, withdraw his arm, respecting the boundaries they had?... finally he decided to be there ,just like that,neither he wished to pull her closer nor he wanted to push her away,he just decided to let her be where she wanted to stay,comfortably and live in the moment.

"Khoobsurat" he uttered as she looked
adorable ,she looked so young and fresh, with flushed cheeks and skin as soft as butter that averting his eyes off her was getting difficult for him.Even though Shehnaaz was so different from him,was 13 years younger to him ,was almost dating someone yet that didn't stop the way he was feeling around her. Ratinoaly, he knew he was supposed to stay away from her, still, he was drawn to her. Despite her stuburn baby like personality, she was enchanting.

He suddenly remembered that his dadi had asked him to send a picture of her,and he felt like clicking a picture of her at that moment.
However, his conscience held him back from reaching for his phone. He then simply admired her serene face, not wanting to invade her privacy in such a vulnerable state.

After what seemed like an eternity, her eyes opened, still clouded with sleep. Sidharth could sense that she was still not fully awake. Their gazes met for a second "umm... Tajmahal yaar, sapne main bhi... Hato yaar "She gently brushed his face with her hand as if asking him to stay away. She wasn't entirely in senses yet her subconscious had the awareness that she needed to regain control over her emotions if she wished him to stay in her life. She had realized that attempting to bind him in a romantic relationship will drive him away so she made a conscious choice, she wanted his presence in her life, not necessarily as a lover.

"Tajmahal?" He got confused.
Shehnaaz then slowly blinked her eyes open and stretched her hands, she yawned and glanced around and then her gaze landed on Sidharth who had his eyes fixed on her with a fondness that made her heart skip a beat. Then she realized that she was again sleeping on his forearm.

Sidharth's expression quickly shifted from adoration to alert as Shehnaaz caught him staring. He cleared his throat, attempting to appear nonchalant, but his cheeks had a hue of crimson.

"Mr Sharma" she uttered.

" Sidharth,"he corrected.

"Mr Sidharth Sharma" she said again.

"Just Sidharth" he corrected again.

"Sidharth,I am Sorry....Main phir aap ke hath pe so gai" she said and raised her head from his hand and he removed his hand slowly.

"Its ok,Good morning," Sidharth greeted.

"Did you also fall asleep while we were talking last night?" She asked.

"Yeah... don't ask me when, I just remember seeing the clock once at 5:30... uske baad pata nahin kab soya" he said.

"Mujhe bhi nahin pata main kab soi" she replied.

"What's the time?" She asked and looked at the huge wall clock.

"9" he replied.

"Itna kam soye but ekdum fresh feel ho raha hai?" She said, she looked so enchanting while talking,the way her eyes sparkled when she spoke and the way her hair fell gently over her eyes,made his heartbit fast."What is it about her? Why do I feel this pull towards her?" He pondered.