Chapter 8

"Please! Listen to me!"

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen. This wasn't my intention."

"I didn't mean to cause any of this. I didn't mean to....please...believe me...please, brother..."

"You're...afraid of me..."

"You don't believe me..."

"Father is not coming to help me or you."

"You're all afraid. Afraid of me..."

"You all call me a monster! Yet it was you all who first raised your weapons at me!"

"It was you who first raised your sword, brother."

"Michael...?"

"Brother..."

"MICHAEL!"

Michael snapped out of his spiralling thoughts as he felt a mildly gentle yet harsh slap on his shoulder. He looked over to see Gabriel beside him who raised an eyebrow at him. A look that questioned him if he was okay. Michael answered him with a small nod and a weak smile.

Gabriel wanted to say or whisper something to him but decided against it and will tell Michael about it later. They were still stuck in the meeting with the leader angels. He didn't want the others to hear what he had to say. Both archangels directed their attention back towards the discussion they were having. It was the leader of the Dominion angels currently speaking. Michael didn't get to hear everything, he only caught the remaining statements the angel had left to say. But he wasn't too worried about it since his fellow archangels who had been attentive of whatever the Dominion angel had been blabbering about would inform him later of what he missed once they're left alone to themselves.

"....so, your Highnesses, there is progress, however, it is regretably slow but steady. We've been studying thoroughly through the thousands of earth books and doctrines. The winners' souls whom have knowledge from their time on earth about this sorcery, witchcraft and demonry are helping us understand better the root of the poison or cause of it."

"Eons have already passed and a cure has yet to be determined." Uriel stated, sounding disappointed.

The faces of every angel present in that room all looked distressed by his words. They turned to each other and started to whisper amongst themselves. The voices of turmoil reached their archangels' ears but they remained stoic and rigid from showing any signs of expressions. They let them speak to each other, silently observing everything.

Michael soon sighed not wanting to continue further about a fruitless subject. Even though he heard only half of it, he felt there was nothing else important to talk about with all the angel leaders. Not to mention the exhaustion that had started to weigh on his shoulders. This was too much information and action for him in one day. After decades of him and the other archangels not attending to these meetings, he finally remembered how draining they were. He needed a break.

And then there were his thoughts, thoughts or memories that brought back unhealed wounds from the past. He thought he had trapped them to be forgotten but they had resurfaced in his mind. Despite the thousand of centuries that he'd spent trying to bury the memories, he still remembered them all very vividly.

"Brother..."

"I'm sorry."

"Lucifer!!!"

Michael flinched as if he had been stung or hit in the head. Only his brothers sitting beside him noticed the action.

"If there is nothing else, then you are all dismissed." Michael's authoritative voice silenced the growing whispers echoing in the room.