Chapter 4

In Hell, they have a hierarchy of who is at the top and who is below. And so does the Heavenly realm, which also has its own hierarchy of angels and powers.

The ones at the bottom were the human souls that earned salvation in Heaven and not damnation in Hell. A rank higher than those souls were still human souls but became ordained saints for having lived and led a heroically virtuous life in the strictest accord with the teachings of the good, embracing the virtues.

The next ones above them were the heavenborn angels, also sometimes referred to as guardian angels. They are angels that are close to the material world, often found living within humans as they guide their souls to the path of the righteous and good. Next were the Powers, they are warrior angels tasked with fighting the war against demons, such as the exterminators that go down to Hell.

A rank above them were the Virtues. While in Hell's hierarchy they have the seven deadly sins, Heaven has its seven heavenly virtues. The list of Sins are lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, envy, wrath, and pride, while the Virtue angels are chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, kindness, patience, and humility.

The next angels ranking higher than the Virtues are the Dominions. The Dominions are angels who govern the movement of stars, planets, and other celestial objects. A rank above them in the hierarchy were the Thrones, or Ophanim. These angels are known for their wheels within wheels and their many eye appearances. The Ophanim are a class of angels who never sleep and guard the throne of the highest power. Coming in next, the third-highest-ranking angels in the hierarchy are the Cherubim. There are two classes of them, half looking like baby angels and the other half having four faces: the faces of an ox, a lion, an eagle, and a man. Cherubim are angels assigned to guard the secret garden of Eden and bearers of the throne. The second highest ranking are the Seraphim. The seraphim are known for their six wings. They are second in rank and powers, known all throughout Heaven for being the "burning ones" or "fiery ones," which suggest their radiant or intense nature.

Lastly, the highest-ranking angels are the archangels. There are only six archangels.

The highest-ranking archangel is Michael, the warrior archangel, embodying divine justice and strength. He is the leader of the archangels, responsible for maintaining order and enforcing their Father's will. He possesses unparalleled strength and divine powers.

Second is Gabriel, the messenger archangel, delivering important announcements and prophecies.

Third is Raphael, the healer and guardian archangel responsible for the well-being of celestial beings.

Fourth is Uriel, the archangel of wisdom and enlightenment, guiding others with divine knowledge.

Fifth is Chamuel, the archangel of love and compassion, promoting harmony and unity among angels.

And sixth is Jophiel, the archangel of beauty and creativity, maintaining the aesthetic aspects of heaven.

In the realm of Heaven, each hierarchy of the angels has their own palace. Each one held a radiant, eternal beauty that cannot be simply described with words alone; only the eyes can truly capture and appreciate the delicate details put into the architecture. Every angel's palace was different and unique, encompassing and embodying each angel's unique traits into their own palaces.

But the palace of the Archangels was so grand that it stood out with a glory that none of the other angels below their rank could compete with. The very foundation of their palace stood so tall, high, and plain in sight that it was almost blinding to look at. Only theirs was somewhat floating above all of Heaven. Everything was full of extravagance, from the marbles to the diamonds and the pure shimmering gold. The rays of the sun shone most on their side, as if to highlight who had the most power and authority among all the angels.