Chapter 1

Kieran

He was everywhere I went. I wasn't even kidding. It almost felt like he was doing this on purpose.

At the moment, he was standing in front of my locker, talking to his friends, completely oblivious to the fact that I was standing right here. So, to make my presence known, I cleared my throat, loud enough for him to hear and turn around.

"Oh, sorry, didn't see you there." he said, grinning at me sarcastically.

Yeah, of course you didn't, asshole.

"You still hadn't moved, move. You're standing in front of my locker, smartass." I said. I really didn't have time for Damien right now. I'm tired and had to get to my first period, which was starting in 10 minutes.

English. I mentally winced at the thought of sitting in the boring class with Mr. Thornton. He was not that bad, but the way he talks just made me want to take a nap. And maybe I would. I hardly slept tonight, couldn't fall asleep.

"Right." he said, dragging out the syllable and slowly getting out of my way. I swiftly opened my locker, picked up all the books I needed, and turned around to leave, but as I was going down the hall, I quickly took a peak at Damien and met his eyes immediately for a second.

Why was he looking at me? Actually a better question is, why did I turn around to look at him?

I shrugged as went to my first class. When I got there, Finn was already sitting in his seat, which is next to mine. He was scrolling through his phone, waiting for the lesson to start.

"Hey, man." I sat down next to him.

"Oh," he took out his earbuds, which I didn't even notice he had in, and grinned when he realized it's me. "Hey."

"You're here early."

"Nah, you're just late." he answered, still grinning.

"What's up? Why are you grinning like an idiot?" I asked. He was definitely up to something. And I felt like I knew what that something was.

"Sooo..." He started, and I already knew what he was going to say. I still let him finish his sentence, though. "There's a party at Britney's tonight." he said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, so I've heard," I said in response. "Becca told me about it last night, actually."

"We're going, right?" he fluttered his lashes at me, like he was an innocent dog.

"Probably, I don't really have anything better to do anyway."

"Great," he said with a smirk. "I'm going to hook up with Alicia, seriously this time." he stated, as if it was a fact.

"Didn't you say that last time? And the other time before that too?" I asked with a smirk.

He glared at me. "This time it's different, I really will." he ran his fingers through his hair

"Okay, if you say so." I said, just as Mr. Thornton came into the class. Finn had liked Alicia for a while now. I wasn't sure if he actually liked her, or if he just wanted to sleep with her. But he'd been talking about her for the past 2 weeks, so maybe it was more than only sex. But how was I supposed to know, I never asked him about it.

He was always talking about girls. I mean it wasn't like I was not, but not as much. I think what happens in the bedroom should stay private, and I was never in a serious relationship anyway. Though, I did do hook ups. No strings attached. It was easy that way. But I wasn't opposed to the idea of dating.

I just haven't found the right person yet.

***

Later that night, I was looking through my clothes, trying to find something to wear. I went with my leather bomber jacket, white T-shirt, a pair of dark denim jeans, my Doc Martens, some rings, a necklace and I was ready.

I took a quick glance at myself in the mirror before going out. I fixed my black hair, my eyebrow piercing being hidden behind it, and walked out.

When I got there, both Finn and Becca were already inside. I haven't seen them but they texted me saying they arrived about 30 minutes ago. I looked around and didn't see any familiar face, most of them probably attended our school. I went to go grab something to drink, but on my way to the kitchen I spotted Becca talking to some guy I had never seen before.

I was thinking if I should go up to her and interrupt or wait and talk to her when she was free. I decided on waiting, not wanting to interrupt. Just as I was about to walk away, she had noticed me.

"Hey!" she exclaimed, so I would hear her. The music was too loud. "When did you get here?"

"Just now, actually," I replied. "Have you seen Finn?"

"Finn? I think he went upstairs." She said. "I'm gonna get me and Liam some drinks, see you later." She smiled at the tall, dark skinned guy next to her. His name was Liam, I guessed. He smirked, leading the way towards kitchen with Becca right behind him.

Looking for Finn, since there weren't many other people I knew, I went upstairs. It was not that I was a loner and no one knew me. It was actually quite the opposite. I was pretty popular. I just didn't put much effort into remembering everyone. They did remember me though.

"Kieran! Hi!" a blond girl said with excitement. I think her name was Lara? Laura? I'm not sure, but I had definitely seen her before.

"Oh, hi." I said with a smirk. I was trying to find Finn, but who said I couldn't talk to cute girls while I did that?

"Do you want to join us? We are spinning the bottle, whoever it lands on has to go in the closet for 7 minutes in heaven with another person!" she exclaimed with a huge grin on her face. She was definitely drunk as hell.

"I'm sorry, darling, but I'm kinda looking for my-" I stopped mid sentence, looking into the room where they were playing the game, and noticed Finn sitting in their little circle.

Of course he's there too.

"Actually, nevermind, I will join you guys." I said with a small smile as I looked down at her. She was, at least, a foot shorter than me.

Her face suddenly got even brighter as she led me into the room, telling others that I'm joining. I looked around, trying to see if I recognize anyone, I saw Finn, obviously, then next to him was Alicia. Which kinda surprised me to he honest, maybe he's really getting with her tonight. And then my eyes landed on his.

***

this is all for the first chapter now. i really hope it's not that bad :P