Tarnished Moments

He kept staying in front of the Zoya house for some seconds, then taking long strides, crossed the lawn and came inside to the wide-stretching hall. He finds her sitting at the corner of one of the sofas holding herself from her knees engrossed in the listening and watching the song.

At the sound of Shanzal's steps, she instantly came out of her thoughts and raises her head to look at him.

"Hello, good girl how are you....?"

He genuinely smiled as he saw Zoya was fully focused on looking at him and he came to sit beside her. She slowly picks up the remote to turn off the TV.

"How are you, and how why did you bother to come here now....?"

It is evident that she was fulfilling a formality. Only when a mild smile crept on her lips.

"Are you sad from me?"

Leaning a bit further toward her, he totally ignored the question she asked. When in sadness she turned her face to the other side.

"I don't have any relation with you."

"Really......and what about that beautiful knot that tied us both with each other a few days ago....."

Most probably Shanzal Ali Shah chuckled at her gesture and was on her way of telling. But Zoya Khan's eyes were filled with tears now.

"You can break that relation whenever you want, what I will do with you."

He again started laughing at Zoya's words.

"You have done everything, what else is left for doing now."

"I am very depressed now, please you go from here now."

She feels it hard to control her tearing eyes, then she rubs her cheek with the back of her left hand and said to him emotionally. Then Shanzal's smile was also wiped from his face after looking at her state.

"Ok, if you are depressed and don't want to talk then it's fine, I will talk to  Aunt."

"Where is Aunt now."

"She went to the party of one of her friends."

"Right, but why you didn't go."

"I was feeling a headache, that's why."

"Why are you feeling a headache."

"I don't know."

Saying to him nonchalantly, she gets up. Then instantly Shanzal held the corner of her black dupatta to stop her from going away.

"Will you not forgive the misdoing of your Shanzal, Zoya."

Zoya Khan's heart wriggled at his words, but she didn't turn back to look at him with her eyes filled with tears.

"Since when Shanzal Ali Shah was mine."

"It's not good to be that many disillusions in the love, Zoya."

Don't know what thinking made him say so when she said wiping her tears.

"Which love....? I know you can never love me."

"Well...... but you do love me."

Now he weakly smiled at her and came to stand in front of her. His eyes were fixed on her face. When she slowly lowered her eyes and said.

"It's your misconception.....girls like me don't let themselves fall in love."

"Really.....it's new information for me.......anyways if it is a misconception, then I want to live in this misconception."