chapter 7

*:・゚*:・゚

As the bell rang for the end of third period and the start of lunch, Maya gulped as she slowly packed up her things, mentally preparing herself to spend lunch with bunch of noisy volleyball players.

Thankfully Brady wasn't in the same class as the brunette girl so she wouldn't have to deal with the fact that he'd probably lean against the door frame and wait for her.

That would probably be really cute though

Author why the hell are you sharing my thoughts to the world?!

❝ it's for the plot maya! ❞

Once the brunette girl had everything packed up, she reluctantly made her way to the canteen. Her eyes scanned the tables before spotting a brown haired boy who was already waving her over. She gave him a smile as she made her way over to the table.

"Hey Brady." The brunette girl took a seat next to the boy, awkwardly taking her lunch out of her bag. She never really enjoyed the canteens food, so the girl made her own at home to bring to school.

"Hey. I'm glad you're joining us. Guys this is Maya." The group of boys sitting around the table all turned to acknowledge the girl, some of them giving her a small smile, a wave, or just looking her up and down before continuing their conversation.

Seconds later, Connor joined the table, squeezing between Brady and one of his friends whose name you didn't know. "Oh hey Maya, how are you?" The boy smiled as he sat down with his tray.

"Hi Connor. I'm good how are you?" The girl reciprocated the boys smile as they all began to eat.

"Wait, you're that girl that's always in the gym after school aren't you?" One of the volleyball players spoke up, looking at Maya. As the girl was about to answer, a voice behind her answered for her.

"That's her. Maya the outsider." Everyone turned around to see Jenna and her friends laughing, "What are you even doing here Maya? Shouldn't you be sitting in the corner by yourself?" The girl and her friends laughed again, as the brunette girl looked down at her food in embarrassment.

Brady stood up, "And what are you doing here Jenna? Shouldn't you be gossiping with your friends about which guy you've hooked up with. Is it still Luke? Or have you moved on to Cole already?" A collective 'ooo' ran across the canteen as the the cheerleader scoffed.

"Well at least I have friends. Unlike Maya, who can never keep friends around for long." The girl turned her back on the group before waltzing off with her group of minions.

Maya was still looking down at her food, the tears in her eyes threatening to fall. With one swift movement, she grabbed her things, quietly bidding goodbye to the boys before quickly walking out of the canteen, her legs taking her to the only place she wanted to be.

With tears rolling down her cheeks, she pushed the door of the gym hall open before sitting herself down at the far end, her back up against the wall as she let her head fall into her hands, her tears slowly falling. In the silence, the girl heard the door open quietly, and someones footsteps approaching her.

*:・゚*:・゚

authors note
god i hate jenna sm (even tho i created her lmao)
might have broken the fourth wall for a sec, but lets be honest, we all want to know maya's thoughts ;)
also sorry for being so absent, i've been on a little mental health break but i'm back x
don't forget to vote!