17 | I Was Never There

N i c o l a s

--------------------------

It took an unbearable amount of begging like a dog to convince Yun to go to a club with me. I was in no mood to spend a Saturday night by myself, although my plan was to leave with anyone but him, I wasn't planning to arrive alone.

I couldn't tell if Ryu just had the man on a tight leash or if he willingly didn't care for parties anymore.

Either he was in a happy and healthy relationship or he was completely brainwashed and the line separating the two options was thin.

After last night with Simone, and also another excruciatingly painful dinner with her just a few hours earlier, I felt like I needed a gut cleanse. I'd ask a question and she'd immediately lie, and when I'd ask again she'd give a different answer. I gave up on taking her seriously and we ended up eating in silence at her kitchen counter.

Being around her made me realize how beneficial alcohol was for my mental health, it kept me balanced.

So I was intending to get shit-face drunk like a college boy again and do what I do best — fuck my way into a better mood.

Sometimes the only way to wake up on the right side of the bed was to wake up in another bed entirely.

So here we were, Yun sober like a priest babysitting me at the bar as I threw back my 6th shot.

"Maybe you should drink water," Yun advised, his eyes flitting across my face in disapproval.

I clapped my hand on his back, slightly missing so it was more his shoulder. "Goddd, you get a girlfriend and now you wanna be a sobriety advocate," I groaned

"You enter a one-sided talking stage and now you want to be a drunken manwhore," He retorted, and although he was laughing it was still true.

I shook my head and turned in my seat to scan the influx of relatively pretty girls flocking over to the bar. "Cheers to that," I mumbled, sipping the .2oz left in the shot glass like a dehydrated dog.