03 | Party's Over

S i m o n e

--------------------------

I found Ella-Rose, though not on purpose.

Trying to find a quieter room, I'd roamed to the emptier side of the estate. Unfortunately, the first door I opened that wasn't locked revealed to be a fancy living room that looked untouched by the owners, aside from a harp that a random man was playing while Ella-Rose giggled like a princess on the couch. Her dress was slipping up too far and her hair was messily covering the pillow she laid on.

I excused myself before she could ask any questions, leaving her and her one-night stand to be confused.

The next door I found that wasn't locked was a just a powder room, but since it had a nice chair to sit in, I decided to stay. The music was just a soft muffle from here, loud enough to keep me from being stuck in my head but far enough to not bother me.

It only took around 5 minutes of peace for banging to come on the door.

"Someone's in here," I shouted out, praying they'd go away.

A loud groan came from the other side. "I'm going to throw up in this hallway or in that toilet so hurry up!"

I could not have cared less. But the banging didn't stop. Annoyed, I threw myself up and opened the door widely. Some girl with red hair and green eyes stood hunched over, gasping for air. She didn't say anything once she noticed the bathroom door had opened, just shoving me aside and slamming the door behind me.

"A thank you would go a long way, you drunkard!" I snapped, kicking the door with my boot and immediately regretting it. My shoes were too dear.

My stomach grumbled unpleasantly, reminding me that champagne on an empty stomach for the second night in a row wasn't the best idea.

I needed something to get me through today. And although the time gap for eating had ended almost 2 hours ago, my body was begging for something. If I could just find some pretzels to snack on or popcorn. Re-entering the main area, I made my way through the crowd in a dazed state of mind.