13. Promise

Raj

Raj.

One word.

Three letters which made me feel like I was just blessed.For the first time in my life did I feel that heat going to my cheeks. I only remember Noor's cheeks turning my favourite shade. Noor keeps on doing or saying things without realising the gravity or power she has on me. I had just only started looking at her eyes when the aroma and a very annoying voice of the water interrupted me . He kept our food on the table and quickly wandered off.

Butter chicken is one thing that can make me cheat on my diet anytime. Anayya liking it gave me a sense of relief as who the hell eats anything else at the Indian restaurant.I served her two naan and some chicken after that I served myself. I saw her softly and gently tearing apart the naan and taking some chicken with it and putting it in her mouth. She closed her eyes and surpassed a quiet moan but loud enough for me to hear . This did some things to me. 'ahem ahem abhiraj control its just your first date come on' my self conscious mocked me

We were eating and relishing our dinner when suddenlyI realised I had to ask her something very important . but she was eating her food so I patiently waited for her to finish and wipe her face and hands before asking

"Noor I want to ask you to give me something very important"

I saw her clench her eyebrows in confusion 

"what do you want?"

"A promise forever to treat my own family as your own. I know you probably have started to accept them but this will really mean something to me. I can promise you that my mother will treat you as her own daughter and will keep you like a queen and Aadhya like the princess she is. When it comes to abhimann, I already see him warming a bit towards you and Aadhya. He will give you all the respect and kindness you deserve as a bhabhi and to Aadhya he will be the best chachu for sure. when I see him every morning apparently vibing with Aadhya it just warms my heart to see the child in him come out. As for me, family always comes first for me and believe me when I say this I will never think of Aadhya as someone else's daughter. she is my daughter and would alway be. Noor for you I don't care if this is your second marriage. I want to let you know that I would never think of you from that prespective. I will leave nor you or Aadhya a chance to complain about me. . Well it's my first time becoming a husband too so I think only you can tell me how good of a job I will or am doing." I passed a chuckle in the end. "

I finally observed the emotions on her face. she looked like no one had ever uttered these words to her ever. her eyes had softened and its looked like she was trying to comprehend the words I had just uttered  I was waiting for her response in nervousness. did I say a bit too much or did I make it a bit emotional ?

"Raj... I am too overwhelmed at this point to say anything. I of course do promise to accept the promise forever and will try my best to never disappoint you. Raj i can't even imagine you as a husband like you already are doing an absolute amazing job as a fiancé. you might be my second husband but I am sure you will be my last"

The moment she said those words a smile came up on my lips and it was almost like that innocent face of her's knows how to get that stupid colour on my cheeks. if anyone says men dont blush those are stupid ass liars. Well it's a stupid colour because I only like it when I see it on my  Noor's cheeks.

" so what do you want for dessert?"she asked.

" I don't know maybe you could order whatever you want and I could take a bite?"

"sure, are you okay with rasmalai and could we just pack the food maybe we could give it to a needy person ?"

I nodded and smiled at her kind act and called the waiter and told him the instructions. soon that white delicacy inside the gold bowl arrived and it would be a lie if I told you it didn't look delicious . we happily shared the dessert. I got up once we were done when she suddenly held my arm.

"don't we have to pay?" she asked making me chuckle

"I own the hotel Noor. we of course don't have to pay."

I saw her eyes widen for a bit before she composed herself and stood up straightening her dress and took my hand. We made our way out and I asked the valet to get my car. I as usual opened her car seat making sure she is comfortable before making my way to my seat. I pulled the seatbelt strap over and made my way to my house to pick Aadhya up

Before we reached we saw a old lady begging on the streets. we gave the food that we had packed to her and she blessed as a happy life ahead.

As we reached I asked Abhi to go and get Aadhya carefully. That's when I saw my other piece of my heart. smiling and showing me all her teeth with shine in her eyes while ruffling Abhi's hair.

Noor opened the door and quickly took Aadhya in her arms indicating on how much she missed her by kissing her all over the face while Aadhya was giggling the entire time. She quickly waved bye to Abhi and made her way into the car. as soon as Noor sat down Aadhya kept towards me . as an instinct I made sure to take her into my arms before she could hurt her self .

"Papa I missed you soooooo much "

she said while giggling and extending the soooo till she could.

"I missed you too my bacha" she hugged me for whole of  five minutes before letting me go and telling me, no scratch that ordering me to drive.

I reached their house while the whole time Aadhya was telling us about her day and how maa had given her the favourite food and fed her the entire time. Noor always had a small smile dancing on her lips when she would express by pulling Aadhya's cheeks or constantly kissing her.

I opened the door for Noor and Aadhya.

Noor had Aadhya in her arms sleeping with a pout on her face with the bouquet I had given her in the other.

Noor looked at me for a second before quickly taking one flower out of the bouquet and handing it to me while saying

" thank you raj for the best date ever I had the best time while talking to you, stuffing my face with food and just with spending time with you. And text me when you reach home safely "

As soon as her words ended she practically ran off. I chuckled at her cuteness and made my way home. The car didn't feel the same anymore it felt empty.

I reached home and made my way in not before texting her that I had reached.

OKAY I NEED YOU GUYS TO COMMENT I AM QUITE DEMOTIVATED TO WRITE ANYTHING AS I AM NOT AT ALL UNDERSTANDING IF YOU ALL ARE EVEN LIKING MY WRITING. PLEASE COMMENT AND MAKE YOUR AUTHOR HAPPY <3