The Stars

I woke up cold.

I sat up and looked around the bright white bedroom, forgetting where I was for a moment.

I looked beside me in the bed, and Scarlett had shifted all the way to the other side.

That brought a smile to my face. I woke up and realized something was wrong because I felt her shift away.

That's crazy.

I slowly got out of the bed and went into her bathroom, closing the door gently behind me.

First thing's first, I need to brush my teeth.
I grabbed the toothbrush I keep in the small cup next to hers and smeared the charcoal paste over the bristles, slowly brushing away the tiredness from my body.

I can't have morning breath when Scar wakes up.
When I was finished, I cleaned the bathroom back up and slowly made my way back over to the bed.

As soon as I was back under the blanket, she sucked in a huge breath.

Then she turned over to face me, one eye open and the other shut tightly, "Did you just brush your teeth?"

I nodded and smiled at her, "Couldn't have morning breath."

She shut her eye and frowned, "I have morning breath."

I stared at her, "Wanna know something?"

She pulled the blanket up to her chin, "What?"
She opened both eyes but didn't lift her head up.

I stared at her for a moment, trying to figure out what I was going to say. "I don't care if you have morning breath."

She rolled her eyes.

I shrugged and scooted closer to her, "I don't."

She raised her eyebrows, "Stop." She put up her finger.

I shook my head and kissed her gently, not even noticing any sort of morning breath.

She sighed and leaned into me.

I put my hand on her cheek, grasping at her as if it would make us any closer than we already were.

I felt her tongue slide over my bottom lip.

As I let my lips part, there was a knock on the door.

Scarlett groaned loudly and turned away from me, "Who is it?" She grabbed my thigh under the blanket, squeezing ever so gently.

"It's Dad."

"Come in." Her hand inched higher, nearing the edge of my shorts.

"I just wanted to say thanks for taking care of Wolf last night. And ask for Natalie's uniform for it to be washed?" He smiled gently between us.

I looked at him, "It's in my hockey bag." I started to get up but Scarlett squeezed my leg.

"Actually," She smiled at me and looked at her dad, "I gave it to Alexis last night when Nat was checking on Henry before bed and she sent it to the dry cleaners this morning."

He nodded, "You are one step ahead. Scar I wanted to know if you and N-"

I stopped listening.

Scarlett's hand slipped under the edge of my pajamas and her fingers skimmed the band of my underwear.

Her attention was on her dad. My attention was on trying to keep my composure right now.

Just her pinky lifted the fabric, her hand retracted. And she stood up, "I'm gonna put some coffee on." Her smiled was wide because of how much she knows she just fucked with me.