▫️Forty-three

Ginelle's pov

The first person I shared this exciting news with was my mama but could you imagine her reaction?

I knew.

At first I thought Grey might have told her but then this was what she told me.

I noticed something different with him during your last visit. He would stare at you for so long as if lost in thought.

It was only an hunch then but that evening I heard him in the bathroom where he rehearsed the words.

I remember smiling at that and giggling all together as mama told me that she'd known that Grey was going to propose soon.

I still couldn't believe it had happened.

I was now engaged to Grey.

We were going to get married.

We were going to start a family.

All this seemed to be a dream come true and I couldn't help but smile as I thought of what was to come in our lives.

"Do we need to buy this?" Grey pointed to a row that had tissues and serviettes as he stared down at me beside him.

We had gone shopping for the family meeting that would be held sometime during the day.

After sharing our engagement news, our families had decided to organize a get-together this afternoon so that we could all know each other better.

"Just two of each," I attempted to reach to the specific ones but being so short, I couldn't even reach his shoulder.

Grey chuckled at my attempt as he took everything we needed, one hand of his pushing the cart while the other rested on my shoulder.

"They were just so high up," I felt the need to defend my situation despite knowing that he was only joking.

"I know baby," he whispered into my ear and tickled my sides and that made me bust into giggles as I twisted around.

"You can always depend on me," he ruffled my hair as we neared the end of the aisle, checking if everything was in the cart.

"And you can always depend on me," I held onto his free arm and smiled reassuringly at him.

We had each other's back.

Our time to pay later arrived and Grey paid before we even discussed about splitting our bills but I made a mental note to remind him later.

We had everything carried to his car before we later left for my parents' home where every other person was waiting for us.

Mama had invited almost all of our relatives; my aunts, uncles and cousins were all going to be there.

Grey's side of the family wasn't that big since I knew most of them. There were only two younger friends to Nana whom I'd never met.

Obviously we had also invited all our close friends. I could still the hear the scream Leila and Clarissa let out that day when I told them that Grey had proposed.

Everyone was happy for us but I think we ourselves were the happiest.

We remained glued to each other for the past week as we made some small arrangements here and there.

We hadn't arranged anything about our wedding but I knew my parents or any of our relatives were going to ask us that today.

Feeling the need to clear this topic with Grey, I turned towards him as his fingers toyed with the new ring on my hand.