「𝟏𝟔」

𝘊 𝘢 𝘳 𝘭 𝘰 𝘴✧

𝘊 𝘢 𝘳 𝘭 𝘰 𝘴

"Carlos, somebody's here for you." Cesar said, walking into his brother's room. "Tell 'em to get the fuck on." Carlos groaned, trying to go back to sleep.

"Get up. I have a doctor's appointment."

The voice he hadn't heard in a week made his eyes open again. He rolled over and was met with the face of Raquelle. "The fuck you doing here?" He asked.

"I just told you. I have a doctor's appointment but you seem like you don't wanna come so I'ma go." Raquelle sighed and left the room.

Carlos rolled his eyes and turned back over. "You're really not going?" Cesar asked.

"No." He mumbled.

The door was pushed open and Oscar walked in. "Why is Raquelle on the porch steps crying?" He asked his younger brothers.

The twins shared a look. "Carlos won't go to the doctor's appointment with her." Cesar blurted out.

Carlos kissed his teeth and sat up. "You got twenty minutes to be ready or I'ma kick your ass." Oscar pointed at him before walking out the room.

Carlos looked at Cesar. "Get out." He told him and Cesar obliged.

He got up and walked over to his dresser, grabbed some clothes and walked out the room. He took a quick shower and got dressed.

When he left the bathroom, Raquelle was on the couch, scrolling through her phone. "You ready?" He asked her.

"Yeah." She mumbled and stood up. They walked out and got into Carlos' car. "You don't have anything to say to me?" Raquelle asked.

"No." Carlos replied as he backed out of the driveway.

Raquelle kissed her teeth and turned to look out the window. "Fine."

Carlos didn't understand why she felt that things would be the same as before she left. They both said some pretty fucked up things each other.

The rest of the ride to the OB/GYN was silent, the car only being filled with the music that Carlos was blasting.

The look on Raquelle's face let him know that he was getting under her skin and he couldn't be more satisfied.

When he pulled up and parked, Raquelle got out before Carlos could even turn the car off.

When he finally got out the car, Raquelle was already at the front desk checking in. He took a seat in one of the of the chairs in the waiting room.

Raquelle sat about 4 seats down from him. He ignored her, getting on his phone.

After about ten minutes of waiting, a nurse opened the door to the back. "Raquelle Perez." She called out.

Raquelle stood up and Carlos stood up behind her. They followed the nurse to the back and Raquelle sat on the exam bed.

Carlos tuned out their small talk, finding it boring. Only when he felt a smack on his shoulder did he look up from his phone.

"If you're not gonna pay attention, you can get the fuck out." She told him.

"Shut up talking to me." He told her as he turned off his phone and payed attention to the ultrasound monitor.

"Ok, you are twelve weeks pregnant now. Let's look at your baby." The doctor spread the gel on Raquelle's stomach before using the doppler to get a good picture of the baby. "There it is. A lot bigger than last time."

Raquelle's eyes lit up, seeing that her baby was actually a baby now. "Oh my god." She smiled.

Carlos started at the screen, a smile on his face as he took a picture. He quickly sent it to Oscar before turning off his phone.

"The baby's heartbeat is strong and healthy. Looks like you're doing everything right." The doctor told her.

The appointment finished up not too long after and now the two teens were in the car. Carlos pulled up on the side of Raquelle's house and put the car in park. She turned towards him with tears in her eyes.

"Why are you—?"

"Carlos, I really don't want you to be mad at me anymore. I feel like I'm losing my mind all because you won't talk to me. I'm sorry for everything." She cried.

"Raquelle—"

"Shut up, let me finish." She told him
and he did just that. "I'm sorry for being so selfish. I wasn't thinking about anybody but myself. And I don't know why I thought everything would've been the same when I came back but it's not. My sister won't talk to me, my dad's still disappointed in me — which I don't really care about to be honest — but I feel like I have no one."

By the time she had finished, Raquelle was balling her eyes out. Carlos stared at her in sympathy.

He got out the car and walked around to her side, pulling the door open. "I'm so sorry. I'm a terrible person."

Carlos pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back. "No you not, mama. Don't say that."

"Yes I am. Nobody likes me. Usually, I wouldn't care but these hormones make me so sensitive and I feel so lonely." She rambled.

Carlos pulled away and looked at her. He chuckled, wiping her tears. "Even when you crying, you talk too much."

She smiled through her tears before leaning forward and kissing him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, mama. Come on, let's go inside." He took her seatbelt off and helped her out the car.

He reached across the middle console and turned the car off before shutting the door. They walked up the pathway to her house and she opened the door.

They walked in the house where they found Monse on the couch sulking about Cesar.

"Are you okay?" Raquelle asked her.

"Please don't act like you care about someone other than yourself." Monse scoffed.

Raquelle's mouth parted slightly as she turned to Carlos. "Don't even say nothing." He told her before giving her a slight push in the direction of her room.

𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒?

𝐀/𝐍: should i do a time skip, idk i kinda wanna do a time skip