Chapter 2

EMMA'S POV

"Ma'am, we have reached, please go inside quickly," the head guard said

I didn't even realize when we reached the hospital. As soon as I came to my senses, reality hit me and I ran inside like a madam, I was about to stepped inside the elevator but I saw Uncle Joey talking with the guards.

"Uncle! What happened? How are they?" He didn't answered me and took me inside the private section where father, mother and Jack were admitted.

As soon as the lift opened, I saw Josh, he was sitting like a corpse and Elena was sitting near him. As soon as he saw me, he rushed towards me and hugged me tightly. His whole body was trembling. This was the first time I have seen Josh so scared.

"Excuse me everyone" I looked up only to see the doctor.

"How are they doctor?" I stepped forward and asked him.

"I am sorry we could not save your mother. We tried our best to save her, even tried the shock method but nothing happened. Maybe she could not bear the loss of her husband. I am really sorry we couldn't save your parents!."

Josh started crying loudly, Uncle Joy hugged him tightly.

My whole world was turned upside down. My mother, my birth mother, how can she leave us like this?!

But wait, what did he just said? Couldn't bear the loss of her husband? That's.... That means my fa- father? No! No no... please god no!

"D-Dad ......and.. and Jack?" I asked with great difficulty as I was controlling myself because I know I have to controlled my emotions otherwise I won't be able to handle Josh.

He was just a 11 year old kid.

"Mr. Forbes died on the spot in that accident. We have somehow saved your elder brother, but we cannot say anything before 48 hours. If he does not wake up in these 48 hours, he will go into coma"

I couldn't stand my feet anymore, my legs were trembling but someone caught me. There was a scary silence all around me, all I could hear was the sound of my heart.

"Emma, I know what's your mental state but all I want right now is for you to understand what I'm saying okay?" Uncle Joey said and hold my hand.

"Fight this situation daughter!, you have to be strong. Don't forget that you are the daughter of Harry Forbes and Millie Forbes, they never gave up, no matter what.

No matter how many problems come our way, we can't do anything about what happened to Harry and Millie and we don't even know when Jack will wake up, but look at Josh, he is younger than you all, all he need is you and now you are his only support now.

You have to be strong, Emma Forbes. This is a testing time and you will have to endure it as much as possible."

Uncle Joey said and I also looked at Josh, he was sitting lifelessly, I have already lost everything today but I can't lose my younger brother, I have to stay strong for Josh. And I'm sure Jack will be fine. God cannot be so cruel.

I didn't allow my tear to flow down my cheeks, before it could I wiped it away.

I have to be strong! I have to be strong! I am strong!

"Elena, can you stay with Josh for today? You are understanding the situation and Uncle and love Josh very much, so will you ? " I asked her.

I have to send Josh away from here or everything will fall apart and I can't let that happen!

"Emma, our relation is not of formality so please and Josh is like my own brother, I will take him, don't worry and take care of yourself and if you need anything, call me" Elena said hugging me.