𝟐𝟏

𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

The next morning, Iris awoke to an empty bed.

No Aurora in sight.

Iris wasn't really worried about this though. The woman could easily be somewhere around the home preparing for her day.

The sheets of the bed were cold in a sense that made the brunette want to drift back to sleep. Instead of lying in the bed daydreaming about last night's events, she got up and went to freshen herself up.

When there was still no sign of Aurora after Iris has finished her shower, she decided to search for the woman herself.

Ariella's room was the first to be inspected, but the only living thing that was found in the child's room was her small body in bed. Ariella was still fast asleep. It was fairly early in the morning, so Iris let her be in her starfish position and continued searching the upstairs.

Once reaching the foyer it wasn't hard to detect where Aurora might be. The faint sound of a pen being clicked repeatedly was heard from her office door. Iris smiled to herself. Aurora was very hardworking and that was admirable.

When Iris opened the door to the room that Aurora had locked herself away in, she hadn't expected to find the older woman with a glass of wine in one hand while the other pulled at her hair. The pen that was apparently being used as a fidget toy was abandoned on top of stacks of paper. The air in the room was tense. It was very obvious that Aurora was stressing herself.

Still, seeing as though Aurora hadn't noticed her entrance, Iris walked over to her lover and stood in front of her desk.

"What has you drinking so early in the morning?" she asked with a smile.

Aurora finally lifted her head and her face flushed with redness as she took in Iris' presence.

The only visible piece of clothing that the brunette had on was an oversized t-shirt. She still had bed hair and her eyes were still slightly squinted from just awaking. Yet somehow Aurora managed to find a certain beauty in Iris' appearance.

"Just work." Aurora sighed to herself before chugging down the last bit of wine that was in her glass, causing Iris' eyebrows to raise in worry.

Iris hesitated for a moment with a slight frown. She observed the tired, stressed out look in Aurora's eyes. They were low from either the liquid that was on the tip of her tongue or her exhaustion.

"How long have you been up?" the brunette interrogated.

Aurora had become occupied with her work once again, flipping through pages and frantically scribbling things down. She only lifted her head up for a moment to check the clock that sat on her desk. Her eyes slightly widened once seeing the time.

8:47 AM.

"Around three hours or so." she answered Iris, eyes shifting back to the papers in front of her.

"You've been up since five? Baby, we didn't even go to bed fully until around two AM." Iris' voice raised in pitch. She couldn't believe that Aurora was currently awake right now.

Aurora chuckled, reluctantly turning her attention away from the task that lay on her desk.

"I'm aware."

"You should come back to bed—"

A deep sigh cut Iris's statement short, "Although I would love to, there's a lot going on in the office right now that requires my attention."

Iris pouted.

Yes maybe it was a bit child-like, but the brunette really hated how hard Aurora was working herself. As much as she wanted to push the idea of the blonde getting rest she knew that it wasn't her place.