𝟎𝟗

𝑎𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

I woke up the next morning with the sun peeking through my curtains and the sound of soft snoring coming from my phone.

Neither Iris or I had hung up from the call last night, so technically we slept together.

Virtually.

I pushed some of my hair out of my face before rolling over onto my side and staring at Iris's contact name while listening to her sleep.

Realizing how creepy I might've looked, I left my phone to charge before trudging into my bathroom to prepare myself for the day.

Once I had changed into a lavender fitted crewneck and leggings, I took a glance at my alarm clock.

It was nearing nine in the morning.

Sighing softly to myself, I tied my hair into a low bun as I left my room to go check on Ariella.

Yesterday, after she finished ballet lessons and two donuts from the box that Iris brung over, she put on her pajamas and fell asleep without much trouble.

I could tell that the day exhausted her.

When I peeked into her room I saw her lying in a starfish position, loud snores leaving her mouth ever few seconds.

Ariella could never sleep in a bed with someone else.

The little devil refuses to share her bed with anyone, which explains why the way she sleeps takes up three fourths of her bed.

Even on the days that she feels comfortable enough to lie in bed with me, she'd complain about not having enough room for herself— even though my bed is like twice the size of hers.

She liked having her own space.

Just like how she enjoyed being independent.

It's just how she is.

I smiled to myself and gently fixed the position of her head, so that it wouldn't hit the ground. I moved a few strands of her blonde hair out of her face to deliver a light kiss to her forehead.

I decided to let my princess sleep in a little late today since it was the weekend, and went back to my room to grab my phone.

As expected, Iris was now up and moving.

"Good morning, beautiful." I said into the phone, a smile already forming on my face.

"Good morning, Ro." she replied back a few seconds later, sounding just a bit out of breath.

"Are you okay?" I asked, making my way downstairs to the kitchen.

Iris laughed, "Yeah I'm perfectly actually. I was just having sone trouble finding something to wear today. Took a lot of energy."

I laughed along with the brunette, loving how lighthearted she made me feel.

My feelings for Iris weren't complicated at all.