Chapter 23

"Yuck..." Zain spit out his morning coffee.

Confused Ayzel looked at him. According to her, she had served him the right coffee as he liked.

But Zain did it on purpose.

"What's wrong?" Ayzel asked him. Her face was still dull.

"Everything is wrong with your cooking nowadays," Zain commented.

She gulped the bitterness. "I'm sorry. I will make it again."

"What sorry? When will you learn?" He shook his head. "Now you made the mistake. You have to pay," he said with a smirk.

"Yes, it's written on my fate. Only the punishments." She was lost in deep thought and a tear flowed from her eye.

Zain sighed. But it was not the right time to show weakness. He stood up.

"We are going outside."

"I don't want to go." she refused.

"Ayzel don't be afraid. As long I am with you, I promise no one dares to give the evil glare let alone touch you," he assured her. "Just trust me," he said in a deep voice.

He took her to a lavish restaurant. But Ayzel was untouched by anything. She was looking outside through a glass window. She was again lost in miserable thoughts.

"Ma'am what would you like to order?" the waiter asked. But she listened to it.

"Ayzel, tell him." Zain broke her chain of thoughts.

"Huh?" she startled.

"Order please Maam." the waiter asked again.
She looked at him and her eyes widened. Now she was looking. Between the waiter and Zain. Her eyes couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"It's real." Zain smiled. The waiter was the famous chef of the country.

Chef Azam Ali. He was her ideal. She stood up in joy. Now she was squealing. "Hello, sir. I am Ayzel. I am a big fan of yours. I never miss your show. Your skills are amazing." She was praising him non-stop.

Then the Chef took her inside the kitchen. She learned under his acquaintance. Her happiness was having no edging. Elated, yes it was she.
The Chef autographed an apron for her and gave her a certificate. "Sir, it was a wonderful day for me. Thank you so much." she was overwhelmed.

"Pleasure it's all mine, Miss. And let me tell you one thing I am seeing a future master chef in you. Do not let this dream die." his words warmed her head.

Zain clicked their photos. And then they took their leave.

On reaching home, Ayzel got out of the car first, followed by Zain.

"Thank you," she said. Her eyes were full of gratitude for him.

"Just don't go in the quarantine mood," he said scratching his head. And she chuckled.

The next morning she purposely brought bad coffee for him. And Zain spits it out again like the previous day.

"Oops. I guess I have made a mistake. Can I have a repeat of yesterday's punishment?" she teased him. He persuaded his lips with a smiling face.
And now she was laughing.

But in oblivion, she crossed a dangerous line.

The liveliness in her came back. And the house members were delighted too.

Time passed.

And the day of 16th October was coming. It was one day ago when Ayzel asked permission from Asma to visit the graveyard tomorrow.

"Ayzel, look you can go today. But I can't allow you to go tomorrow. It will be a difficult day tomorrow in the mansion." Asma's face saddened.

"What is tomorrow?" curiosity spiked inside her.

"Tomorrow is the death anniversary of Zain's father and Burhan's mother." Her voice teared up.

"Oh, I am sorry. Did they die in an accident? " Ayzel asked as they have the same death day.

"No. Many years ago they were murdered on the same day." Asma's words stopped the air in the room.

This pained the Ayzel too. Being wealthy doesn't mean you have all the happiness in the world. "I don't know why I have told you this. But do not say it to someone and don't even ask about it from someone else." she slightly warned her. Ayzel nodded.

"So this day Is not only miserable for me" she muttered to herself when Asma was gone.

Yes, this day marked her existence as well as the death of her mother. A tragic day yet it provided her life.

The grey atmosphere of the mansion was very dominant. In the morning family members went to the graveyard. And then later the food and clothes were distributed among the poor. Nobody was seated for dinner.

As a mother, Aliay Khanum lost a son.

Zain and Warda lost their father.

But Zikria lost his world. He did not go to the graveyard. In the evening Azyel brought dinner for him. After knocking, Zikria called her in.

"Aray Beta, why did you come?" he politely asked her. His eyes were red.

"Uncle I have made light food for you. Please eat it. You have not eaten anything since morning. Please eat it for my sake." she pleaded. Zikria gave a refueled smile.

"If my unborn daughter were alive today, She would be of your age. Having blue eyes like me." he expressed his heart out. Oh, so he lost not only his wife but his child too.

Later she went to Burhan to check on him. He was always there for her. So now it was her responsibility to be with him in such a difficult time. He did not go to the graveyard either.

He was seeing his mother's pics when Ayzel joined him.

"You miss her so much. But you didn't go to her grave. Our loved ones wait there for us. And when we offer Fatiah, it blesses them." It was her question. She visited her mother's grave annually. She found his behavior not right.
A wave of pain passed through his face. "My mother is not there, Ayzel. She is not waiting for me there." A lump formed in his throat.

Ayzel was dumbstruck by his words.

"On that night she ran to save her life. but we could not find her ever. Neither alive nor dead. She was pregnant with my sister." He told his reason. Ayzel body turned cold at his divulgence.

"How was the killer?" she asked In a shaking voice.

A wave of indifference passed through his face.

"Warda's mother." The truth from Burhan's mouth struck her like a thunderbolt.

"It would be too difficult for Zain Sir and Warda. Their mother killed their father," she whispered.

"She was my uncle's second wife and Zain's stepmother." Now she knew the complete truth. The darkness was too dark in their life.

Soooooooo??? Any opinion?

Vote, share, and comment.

Dear Readers

Take care. Be blessed.