Chapter 19~ The way I am

I knew I should of just fucking let it be. Now look at what I've caused between River and I. Conflict and awkwardness.

"What is wrong with me... I shouldn't have pressured him into telling me anything" I quietly cried to myself, sitting at the end of my bed with my head buried into my now wet hands. I stayed there for what felt like hours trying to calm myself down. I was hurt yes, but why do I also feel so heartbroken?
I hate how sensitive I am as a person. I'm only the way I am all because of my upbringing.

Background story about Y/n:
(TW: slight mention of mental abuse)

My mother and father have never been the best of parents. I am an only child, if any of that even matters. My parents raised me by the famous rule to "never backtalk" this rule of theirs always seemed to fuck me up because even when I'd just simply try and reply to their comments they'd still yell at me and call it back chatting. They always did it to me for years. It just got to the point where I chose to keep my mouth shut in most scenarios that go on in my life now. Well except only certain times, and those are the moments when people lie straight to my face. I still need to learn some selfcontrol and to just not call it out sometimes I guess. Like I did tonight.
My parents treated me very unfairly my entire upbringing, no matter what I did it was always wrong in their eyes. I was never going to be the perfect child for them. And I quickly realized that growing up. When I hit the age of 17, I had no idea what I was in for. I'll never forget the day that changed my life, forever. And for the better.

A memory of y/n's final year at high school:

I was sitting at the very end of the classroom carving creepy looking creatures into the schools wooden desk, bored out of my mind. It was second period and I was in the middle of history class, the teacher was talking a whole bunch of nonsense about the world war, you know the same old shit we get taught every school year. I was in my own little world like usual, zoning out during lesson time and letting my imagination run wild while I drew the first thing that would come to my mind. The only thing breaking my daydream that lesson was the intercon sending my class the heads up that we had two new students arriving today.

"Who the hell cares, their probably just gonna be the same like the rest of the assholes here" I said in my head, rolling my eyes and putting my attention back into something that's actually interesting to me. Drawing. But little did I know, I was completely wrong.
Once that horrid class finally ended and we got dismissed I of course was asked to stay back.

"For God sakes what did I do now!?" I immediately thought. Unwillingly, I approached the teachers desk and waited to see what the hell he wanted.

"Principal Higgins would like to see you in his office right away" he stated as he continued to pack up for the next class. Like usual for me, curiosity took over. I guess you could say curiosity was my number one enemy in my teenage years.

"Why?" I tried asking in a innocent tone, thinking that I was in some sort of trouble.

"Don't worry your not in trouble, I believe he wants you to do the honors of introducing these new students to our school, besides it'd be a good opportunity for you to finally make some friends it's your last year of high school and I never see you around any of the other students" the teacher tried explaining to me, I dismissed his comment about me not having any friends and just chose to nod in agreement with him then leave.

"Jackass" I scoffed the second I closed the door behind me then progressively made my way to the principal's office. As I always do before entering the principals office I took a deep breath and tried to mentally prepare myself for whatever the fuck was to come from now on. As I slowly turned the door handle and anxiously made my way inside, two boys immediately looked into my direction. They appeared to be twin brothers, both having icy blue eyes and long dark hair which I can only assume was dyed, not to mention their edgy style that matched very well with mine.