Break (Four)

Summary: IV has a break which he spends with you
-----------------------------------------

The rehearsals are finally over and IV has a short time to be with you. He stands masked in front of you in a corridor. Your hands play with his collar, adjusting it.

"Who is this attractive man always yelling into his mic?" You suddenly ask.

IV blinks in confusion. "You know him. It's Vessel." You look up and press your lips together. Vessel? Who's talking about Vessel? You're talking about him.

He frowns. "Why do you call him attractive?"

You stop moving and ignore his question. Instead, you try to jog his memory. "He plays guitar, too." Your head tilts, you raise your eyebrows questioningly.

IV eyes light up in realization.

"I mean you, silly. I don't care about Vessel. He has enough female fans." You lift one hand from his collar and make a dismissive gesture. The other hand slides to his chest.

IV grabs your small hand out of the air, holds it like you're fragile. He places it against his cheek. His mask nestles against your palm. Your warmth penetrates the black fabric, gives him a moment of security.

"You deserve much more attention.... from men." You say. His eyes dart to you. "Of course I want you to have female fans too but.... you know what I mean."

The corners of his mouth tug upward. "Is someone getting jealous?"

Your cheeks heat up. "No. Besides, don't forget you were jealous earlier, too! You thought I found Vessel attractive."

"I also wonder why I thought that." His arms wrap around your hips.

"Yeah I mean look at him! Wobbling around the stage in just his robe and pants." You grin.

IV smiles. "Just so he can show off his abs."

Suddenly Vessel walks past you, seeming to be in a hurry. "Thanks guys." He just says. He doesn't really seem to care what you said about him.

You look after Vessel, his robe fluttering behind him. Then you turn your head back to IV, he rolls his eyes. "Vessel."

"Yes typical Vessel."

He never cares what others think of him.

IV, leans his cheek more into your touch, lifts his free hand and places it on your jaw. His thumb gently strokes your cheekbone.

"I've got to go, my love. III wants to talk to me about something." He leans toward you and kisses your lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

IV lowers his hand. "See you later."

You nod. "Miss you already."

You're interrupted. "It's really cute, but I have to kidnap IV now." Calls III to you from across the aisle.

IV looks to you. "Yeah go on." You say and make a shooing hand gesture.

You look to III, who opens his arms wide for IV, ready to hug him. IV shakes his head, leaving you behind, and slowly walks up to III. When he finally reaches him, he is immediately embraced tightly.

IV turns to you, his eyes wide. You laugh.

After that, the two go into a room.