23.0

Italics are Victoria's/Henry's thoughts

Victoria's POV:

Nicholas laid in my arms grabbing at my hair. I had him brought to me to calm me down. He tugged on my hair and cringed as I felt pain in my scalp. "Nicholas no." I laughed as I removed his hands from my hair. He giggled as I did so. I sat him up in my lap and kissed his forehead. He looked around the room curiously, looking at my ladies cleaning the chambers.

"I want Lady Elizabeth and Mary brought here in a few hours when they have awoken" I said nonchalantly, showing no emotion, It was early in the morning, around five am. Since I had fallen asleep so early I was up early. The ladies had the rest of the day to confess. They bowed and continued doing their duty. I had begged Henry to allow them to be at court for the rest of my pregnancy, reassuring him they would still be doing their studies and being obedient.

I cradled Nicholas as he began to cry, needing to be fed. "Go fetch the wet nurse now, Lady Beth." I demanded, she bowed and left. Lady Beth was one of my favorite ladies besides Natalie but I could not trust anyone besides Natalie at the moment. Knowing one betrayed me and had their virture gone just for my husband. How could someone disgrace their self and their family by doing so? I angrily thought.

Lady Beth entered with the wet nurse and both bowed. I smiled at the wetnurse and handed Nicholas to her. She smiled back and left the room heading back to the royal nursery to feed him. "Time is ticking girls." I said with irritation. They all nodded and started whispering amongst themselves. I held my hand to my swollen belly, cradling it. I felt a sharp kick against my womb and seized. I groaned out as I felt it again.

"Are you okay your Majesty?" One of the ladies questioned. I nodded and waved them off. "One of you go get the King tell him I need him." I said. They bowed and sent one of them off, I did not care who but I wanted my husband then. Henry entered with one my ladies infront of him. "What is wrong darling?" Henry questioned frantically.

I laughed, "Nothing is bad, just come here." I asked. Henry nodded and tilted his head confused as he made his way to my bed. I patted the spot besides me and he sat. Grabbing his hand I placed it on my belly where I had felt the kicks.
I felt another sharp kick against where Henry's hand had laid. Henry stared in awe and grinned. "Oh what a strong boy he is." Henry said fondly.

I nodded in agreement as I looked away for a moment, watching my ladies reactions to the loving interaction. I noticed one particular lady looked slightly irritated. I raised a brow and looked back to Henry.

"Natalie wouldn't be his mistress would she?" I thought confused. "Well my love I must go back to my duties but I will visit again." Henry announced kissing my forehead. I said my goodbyes and stared at my ladies again, who had all gone back to doing their activities.

Time was ticking, hours passed and silly no confessions. I narrowed my eyes at each girl, studying them. I wanted an answer soon, no matter what it takes, even if there was no confession. I rubbed my belly as I felt another kick, groaning I said, "Little one please calm down." My ladies giggled and I smiled. It had been tense and I missed when we would all have fun and mess around.

It was now 8am and I wanted to see my girls. "Bring me the Lady Mary and the Lady Elizabeth." I demanded. Lady Margaret bowed and took her leave to find them. Minutes later my girls entered and I felt a smile bloom on my face. "My girls, come here."

They smiled and came over to the side of my bed. "My ladies leave I want to speak to my girls." I demanded. They all bowed and left my chambers. I noticed as one of them left Mary's eyes lingered onto my closest acquaintance, the same lady that was irritated at our interaction scowled back at Mary. I squinted my eyes at the interaction but swatted away any suspicion I had.

"Girls remember how you told me of the lady in waiting who was a traitor?" I questioned, they both nodded. "I would like you to point out which of my ladies resembles the figure you all saw the most? please?" I begged. "Of course, we will try our best to." Mary answered, holding my hands. I bit my lip anxiously as I called my ladies back in.

They re-entered and ...

▪︎▪︎▪︎
cliffhanger for you all, I'm pretty sure you guys know dont who it is because I had to re-write this because I made it to obvious who the mistress was so you get what you get for now. ○_○