Chapter-13

Chapter-13

Benedict Henderson's POV

Your father's death is not a suicide!

How can you not care?!

I look at the messages that I keep getting from the same anonymous number and shake my head. Whoever this person, they do not stop. The messages are coming in daily now and it's getting really annoying. I have spoken to Mom and she confirmed everything. There is no need for me to get wrong information from the strangers.

I am waiting in my car as my finger drum on my steering wheel. I can't tell how happy I am.

I finally get to take my girl out on a date!

I don't even remember how many times I have dreamed about it and confined it to the dreams itself. My heart is jumping. This morning when I saw her in the girls washroom, she looked so flushed. Her face turned bright red. I am the one that's embarrassed. I didn't want to scare her, but I also didn't know I was actually kissing her when I did that day. That's not how I wanted her to have her first kiss.

So I am going to make it right. I am going to give her the best second kiss she will never forget. Today!

Max's car pulls up and I get out of my car to go to his.

"Hey man!" I greet him, but I don't even look at him. He responds, but I don't hear. I am nearly racing to the passenger side of the car. The windows are tinted black and I couldn't see her through the glass. I pull open the door with my heart racing. She looks up at me and gives me that smile that blasts through my heart.

"Hey Ben." She greets and I forget how to breathe for a second. She is sitting there in her light blue dress looking up at me and I am losing my senses. Get a grip, Ben!

"Hey." Was that a whisper?! What the fuck is wrong with you?! I offer her my hand and she takes it with that smile still on her face before getting down. Once she gets down, I get to see her completely. I feel so lucky that she likes me. We hear a cough and look at Max.

"Oh yes. I am here too." His one hand is on the top of the car. We didn't want anyone to know that she was going on a date. Mr. Alberto is out o the town and if Max brought her out, there would be no security following behind.

"Thank you."

"You are welcome." He looks at Layla to say something, but she flips her hair and shrugs one shoulder.

"What? It was your duty." She says like the brat she is and pokes her tongue out. I chuckle as Max shakes his head.

"Brat!" He calls. "Take care of my sister." There is that little warning in his tone along with worry.

"I will. I will bring her back in time as we discussed." He nods his head and starts his car. Once he leaves, I guide her to my car. I am looking at her the whole time. I open the car door for her, she sits in and thanks me. I close it and rush to my side of the door. I pause before getting in.

It is happening! It is finally happening! She is here! Make is memorable, Ben!

I open the door and get in.

"Where are we going?" She asks as I start the car. She looks so excited. I can't help myself. I reach over and kiss her cheek. A red hue takes over her face and she bites her lip looking down.

"You will see My Little Star."

After a two hour drive, we finally reach the place. It's the top of the hill with no lights. She looks around and then at me in confusion.

"Stay here." I kiss her hand and get out. Opening the trunk, I pull out all the items I have packed. Two large lights, a blanket, a picnic basket with her favourite food and my gift for her. I had to bring her something for her to remember this day. Once I set it all up behind the car. I help her get down and she is looking at me in confusion.

"Where are we?"

"Why? Are you scared I will eat you up?" I tease her and she raises her eyebrow. The challenge in her eyes. Oh Baby!

"I wouldn't mind." Her words shock me and it must be evident on my face. She laughs at my expense and I pull her close to tickle her. She jumps. "Okay! Okay! Stop! Stop! Please, Ben!" I stop and she stops struggling. She is so close to me now. In my arms. No one can reach us. No need to hide. Only us. Me and my Little Star. I lean down and kiss the side of her lips. If I kiss her on the lips, I can't help myself.

"Come." I say as I quickly pull away and tug her along with me. I sit beside her lay down. I cut off the light. It's all dark now except for the moon light. I can still see her beautiful face. "Lay down, my Little Star." I say and she frowns before she does. "Look up." She turns her head up and a gasp leaves her lips. A smile forms on her lips at the look on her lips.

From this place, the stars on the sky are clearly visible since we are away from the city lights. We can see more stars than usual.

"You like it?" I ask.

"It's so beautiful, Ben." She mumbles as she keeps staring at the sky and I stare her. Not more beautiful than you! I don't say it as it sounds so cheesy.

Her head is on my lap as she stares at the sky. Her lips have a little chocolate that she just ate and I so want to lick it off her. This is my Layla! I have waited for her my whole life! I will wait as long as it has to be till she is ready! I am gazing only at her. She looks at me, blushes and tries to turn my face away.

"Stop!" She smiles and I turn my head back to her.

"I can't. I won't get to look at you with peace once we go back. Let me get my fill of you." My hand reaches her face as I caress her cheek and she stares at me too.

"I will never forget today, Ben." She sits up and her palm reaches up. I lean into it. I close my eyes to etch this feeling into my chest forever. My heart beating like I have just a hundred miles and my mind blank.

"That's what I was aiming for." My eyes are still closed as I said that. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I ask almost sounding rhetorical. She straddles me and I hold her close. Her arms are around me and never have I felt so calm and jumpy at the same time. She is looking right into my eyes. I always wondered what she would look like looking at me.

That look right here on her face... God, you can take me now!

"Tell me." I demand.

"You know I want to." She confirms.

"I love you." I whisper. There is no hiding this feeling. This is our first date. But... "I have been in love with you since I first saw you, My Little Star." Tears glisten her eyes as I speak. I have been waiting all my life to say those words. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"Ben." Her chin wobbles as tears drop from her eyes in happiness. She loves me! Oh, God! Thank you! I thought it was a just an obsession with me this whole time! "I love you so much."

"From now on..." I whisper wiping her tears away with my thumb. "You are never going to cry. I will give you the world." I promise. "I know we had a lots of unofficial dates on you balcony, but let's count this as our first first date?" I want this to be official, on the record and the story we will be telling our kids. She smiles in confirmation and leans down before putting her soft lips on mine.

I finally get to lick that chocolate off her lips.

This! God... Let me preserve this! Let me not destroy this! Let me give her the world!

If only I knew what was coming and the promises I would be breaking.

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

The first first date! Things are about to turn ugly. Stay tuned!

Tell me what you think.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.