Chapter-7

Chapter-7

Layla Alberto's POV

"Get the FUCK OFF HER!!!!!!" Someone yells. Ben? Ben is that you?! Is he here? I am trying to get up but something is stopping me. Suddenly the guy on top of me is lifted off. I hear things being thrown down, punches and scared grunts. "You TOUCHED HER!! YOUR FUCKING TOUCHED HER!!"

"Oh my God, Layla!" Jess? Jess is that you? I try to open my eyes and see. It is Jess. Where is Ben? She is looking to the right and goes away from me. "OH NO! STOP!! HE WILL DIE!!"

What? What is happening? I see two guys pulling Ben up and the other hit him in the face. No!!! Let him GO!! Ben takes two punches before he pushes off the guys holding him and punches the one that hit him. He is about to go after him, but Jess stops him.

"Ben! Ben, look at her! We need to get her out of here! NOW!! She needs you." At those last words, he looks at me and rage fills him. He kicks the guy repeatedly in the gut till the blonde guys falls down and comes to me. He pulls off his shirt and makes me sit before putting it over my head.

"Ben." I whisper as he lifts me and holds me to his chest. I feel his lips press against my head for a lingering second before he starts walking out. I put my head in his neck and breath his scent. I am with him.

I feel safe now.

There is only one thought on my mind before I pass out.

Ben is there for me. Again.

Benedict Henderson's POV

"She is okay now. She keeps asking for you." Ms. Alberto says. "Thank you again for saving her life." She looks at me like I am some God. I am not. I am just a guy that's obsessed with her daughter. I would be there to save her any day, at any time. It's been a week since it happened and I am dying to see her, but I couldn't. I am keeping my distance from her and I don't know how long I would be sane doing that.

"It is the least I can do. She is my friend." A huge fucking-lie of my life!

"Mr. Alberto is waiting for you inside." She smiles as she walks off.

I stand in front of the door and sigh. It's been a week of visiting court, testifying against those bastards. One of them is in the hospital because of the way I hit him. Mr. Alberto is actually helping me get out of the charges his parents have put on me. The other three are not getting off that easily. All four of them will be behind bars. That Mr. Alberto has made it pretty clear. Nothing hurts his Princess and gets away.

"Come in, Ben." Max opens the door as I knock. He looks pissed as hell. He for one is too affected with this issue.

"Good evening Mr. Alberto." I greet as I see the Duke in his chair. He gives a kurt nod.

"Good evening, Ben."

"The lawyer just called. The verdict has come out." Max speaks. I breathe in and hold for the result. "Cole and his friends are going to be put behind the bars." I let it out. Thank God! "Cole's friend, Dave, the guy you bet, he is going behind the bars too. The charges on you for hitting him are dropped." I am sure that the Duke has a hand in that. I turn to Mr. Alberto.

"Thank you." There is no emotion in my tone or my eyes.

"You are welcome." He pauses before speaking. "Thank you for saving her." He knows the whole story by now, but not the fact that she went to that party for me. The guilt of that truth is eating me. This is all because we are apart. I even stopped sneaking in a leaving a rose on her bed every Saturday like I used to do. This must have really spooked her.

"Anytime." Of course, anytime! Anything for my Girl!!

"We will take it from here. If ever you get a call like that again, you inform us and we will take care of it." His tone says it all. Stay away! "You don't have to-" I cut him off. I cut him off for the first time in my life.

"I can't." My voice came out stern. The anger I am feeling inside... I am snubbing it as hard as possible. How can he even say that?! Stay away?! When she is in danger?!

"What?" He asks. I know that he is stunned, but he doesn't show it out. I meet his eyes.

"If ever I get to know that she is in danger, I will inform you, but I WILL NOT stay away." I don't waver. There is no doubt I will be there for her. "I am sorry, Mr. Alberto. But I am not really. Anytime she is in danger or if I get to know that she needs me, I WILL be there. Nobody can stop me from that." I look at Max briefly before turning back to him. "Nobody."

I turn and walk out of there. I want to punch something so badly. I am not even supposed to protect her?! What the fuck is that?! He can throw us out for all I care! I am not leaving her when she needs me!

"Sorry about earlier." I apologise to once we took a break from studying. Although my mind is only focused on her right now. I want to see her eyes, her smile and her running to me. What are you doing now My Little Star? I look up at the sky and gaze at the stars.

"Are you?" He asks smiling.

"No." There is a pause. He turns to me. "Thank you for saving her." I just nod. "Do you mean what you said earlier?" He looks right at me as he asks.

"You know I do." I meet his eyes as I speak honestly. He looks away before looking at me.

"Do you love her?" He asks the billion-dollar question. I suck in my breath again for the second time today.

I can lie to anyone, but not him.

I am in a pickle! What do I say?!

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Just when you think you are close enough to reach your love. I love Ben standing up to the Duke though. He will take a stand when it comes to Layla. It shows the strength of his feelings for her.

Tell me what you thought of Ben in this chapter. I do really rely on your comments. The inspire me to write more.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.