Chapter Thirty Eight

SANTIAGO'S POV

When I get to the airport I manage to get a flight out immediately though it costs me double what I would have paid on a return ticket plus I have to make two layovers but I do not care about that. My main objective is getting back to Phoenix and saving Hannah. Thankfully I don't get any annoying seat mates this time so I am able to fly peacefully with my own thoughts. I would not have been as kind if I would have sat with someone as annoying as the girl I flew to Rhode Island with, I don't even remember her name.

I am anxious the whole flight back and barely manage to get any rest as I am overthinking about the situation Hannah is in. What if they hurt her or worse? I was able to protect her during the riot at FCI but will I be able to make it back in time to save her again?

The gang doesn't deal with women but they are cruel and have a grudge against Hannah for taking me away so I fear for her. Arturo especially doesn't like her because he blames her for me leaving him. What he doesn't know is that even without Hannah in the picture I still would have left the gang for myself and for Diego. I'm done with living a life of crime, Hannah was just the kick in the nuts I needed to make that bold move.

Arturo thinks that by taking Hannah he has leverage to make me rejoin the gang but what he doesn't know is that by taking her he has sealed his fate. I will not rest until he is in prison or dead. I am getting my Hannah back and I do not care how many men I have to kill. I didn't rat them out when I was arrested but now that they have taken Hannah, I am done doing them any favours.

I land in Phoenix at dawn and call Tom immediately I get off the plane. I had already texted him my flight schedule so he knows when I am landing.

"You've landed?" He asks as soon as he picks up.

"Yeah, I'm here." I answer.

"Good, Jada is waiting for you outside. She'll bring you to the field office." He replies.

"Okay." I reply and hang up.

I was okay with getting a cab and I have no idea what mood Jada is in but I don't have a choice since she is already here.

I walk out if the airport to find her leaning against the same white Mercedes Benz I saw her driving at the hospital when I went to see Hannah for the first time.

She surprises me when she hugs me. I skeptically hug her back not sure how to react. I know that Jada wasn't a huge fan of me at the beginning and I am still trying to earn her affections and show her that I am worthy of Hannah but this is new even for me.

"We'll get her back, don't worry." Jada consoles.

I think the words are more for her benefit than mine.

"I know we will." I reply when we pull apart.

I put my bag in the backseat and take the passenger seat as Jada drives us out of the airport.

"Did you talk to her?" Jada asks.

I nod. "Yes."

"How did she sound?" Jada sniffs.

I want to offer to drive but I don't want to spook her so I just observe her carefully. If I see her falter, I will take the wheel.

"Scared." I answer honestly.

"Of course she is. Those bastards kidnapped her from her own home." Jada cusses out.

"How do you know that?" I question.

I don't know the details of how they took her but Jada seems to.

"You weren't supposed to know this yet but Hannah bought the food truck yesterday and was going to surprise you with it when you got back. They grabbed her when she arrived home with it. We saw everything from the video footage on doorbell camera when Tom went to secure the scene." Jada explains.