Radhika Mann | The Writer

"Hello?"

"Myself Meghna."

"Hello Meghna, please come in."

"Um yeah, so you are Radhika Mann, right? Well who doesn't know you, you are amazing! May I come in?"

"Yes...?"

Maan got up and stood beside her.

"Who are you?"

"Just a reporter who is a big fan of your book!" She put forth her hand, Jashoda was just going to shake it but Maan held and stopped her.

"She will not come for any interview, thank you, the door is that way."

"But sir please listen to me! Just-"

"You won't go until we kick you out?"

"Maan, please! At least let her say something!"

"I know what they all say. Just don't listen to her. I am telling you. They will harass you."

"No sir! We completely agree with her ideas and we want to do an interview, just a-"

"I TOLD YOU SHE WON'T COME FOR ANY INTERVIEW!"

"Please, ma'am! Please! They will fire me if I don't take this interview! Please!"

Jashoda saw how terrified and scared this girl was.

"Please ma'am, please! We totally agree with you and we just want to make your voice heard! Please! How long will you keep sitting inside this house, hiding away from eyes? People hate and will hate you if you don't come out and prove yourself again. Please we can help you do that. It's a question of your freedom. Please. Your ideas are amazing and if people hear them out, in a way they can, I am sure they can understand what you meant to say. Your book is one of the most controversial books in Rajasthan and there is a big question mark on it. Big question mark on your identity. We can help you remove that."

"PLEASE GO OUT, WE HAVE HEARD THOUSANDS OF REPORTERS SAY THAT!"

"BUT ALL OF THEM WANTED HER DOWN, I DON'T! WE NEED YOUR IDEAS! MAAM PLEASE!!"

"GET OUT!"

"MAAM PLEASE! WE CAN HELP YOU! WE-"

"I swear if you weren't a woman I would have kicked you out and-"

"Maan stop! And Meghna, please let me think about it. I will get back to you soon." Jashoda declared.

"Okay ma'am, it is the right choice, ma'am! Here's my card, call me if you want to do the interview ma'am. Thank you so much. I'll let myself out."

Meghna left the apartment and Maan closed the door with a big thud.

"Stupid reporters. Damn, paparazzi. Jashoda ji please don't go to this. You made the right choice by sending her away."

"Bhaiya! Give me some ice cream!!"

"We don't have ice cream Pallavi."

"Who doesn't have ice cream in this scorching weather?!!!"

Maan sighed and went to go see in the refrigerator.

She stood by the door, remembering what Meghna had said.

She could prove herself, and be free if she gave this interview.

What is so bad about people?

And this woman was surely so sweet and gentle. 

What could go wrong?

She wanted her freedom back. And she wanted to be whoever she wanted to be.